Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marvel m1

Marvel m1

Waiting with bated breath! Will there be any announcement? Or business as usual?
    I'm planning to get an M1. Just want to know the status first.

Cervelo (the cycling company that initially funded Marvel) took full control & ownership of Marvel this week. This changes things & I'm not sure how yet. I'll be making some calls to find out more soon.

Wow, that sounds positive. I hope there remains some autonomy for Marvel being marketed in the US.
    Cervelo Cycles Inc. is Canadian, it's a subsidiary of Cervelo SA. Cervelo SA owns Cervelo Cycles Inc.
    Cervelo SA is in Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    Cervelo (the cycling company that initially funded Marvel) took full control & ownership of Marvel this week. This changes things & I'm not sure how yet. I'll be making some calls to find out more soon.

Apparently the Cervelo bicycles are made in China! Will the M1 frame be similar? Where were the existing M1 frames manufactured? Canada?

from http://allanti.com/articles/where-wa...made-pg328.htm
    "Cervelo - Cervelo is a Canadian company. Bikes are made in Asia and assembled in Canada."
    Last edited by PeteShick; 04-30-2010 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteShick View Post
    Where were the existing M1 frames manufactured?
    Oregon.

http://www.sapagroup.com/en/About-Us...de-to-measure/

Cervelo is going to continue to produce the Marvel and honor the warranties, parts etc on existing chairs. Cervelo will contact current owners with all the details shortly. apparently they have a plan and an "experienced" team in place to continue with the production of the M1. this straight from the new owner to me on the phone. he was a lil surprised by my phone call to say the least.....lol. its a shame, but Jeff and Christian are no longer officially affiliated with the chair or Cervelo. Great Idea, Great Chair and i truly wish the best for them. Jeff has always been Aces with me.....i am sure we havent heard the last of the Wheelchair Dream Team. good luck fellas on all your future endeavors.

Vision-wise, how do you separate Jeff and Christian from Marvel? Unless Cervelo intends to keep the M1 as is, I don't see how they innovate future iterations of it and develop all the accessories that were in the pipeline.

you dont, their vision, their inovative ideas. it looks like they became an ugly cut throat expendable casualty of big business. time will tell i guess how Cervelo handles the mass production and quality control, i just hope it doesnt turn into another Kuschall/Invacare type takeover. ive been on the bad end of that experiment. i feel confident im going to get a few trouble free years from my Marvel but i will start collecting spares just in case.

I have to be a little more diplomatic here, but Bob's got the gist of it, IMO.

Marvel M1

Very sad to hear Jeff and Christian are no longer involved in the design and production of one of the most innovative chairs to have been produced for a long time, I too wish them well and I'm sure they will be at the fore front of chair design again very soon.

I sincerely hope that Cervelo will continue to produce the marvel M1 and further it's development, it was a brilliant idea and it will be a crying shame if it is allowed to fail for the want of the enthusiasm that Jeff and Christian put into it.

Curly