Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: From Vent to Diaphragmatic Pacing System (DPS)...

Thank you both regarding the video.

The facility wanted him on 1750? Then why did he wind up on a vent that only goes up to 1400? Getting a new vent sounds like the best solution. The LTV900 and LTV950 (very common ventilators) both have tidal volume capabilities of up to 2000.

That's the type vent I'm trying to get (long story).
    Wheelchair users -- even high-level quads... WANNA BOWL?

I'm a C1-2 with a legit 255 high bowling game.

Checkout the below CareCure thread about a new way to bowl!
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=87066

Great question...we had the vent from the time we spent in ICU. We only went to rehab a year after that. I am looking to put him on an LTV1200, but we've a few hurdles to jump through first.

THANKS!

Unhappy Anyone in Virginia with Pacer

My brother is a c2 incomplete complete quad on a vent full time. He really needs to talk with someone who has had the pacer with succss. Hes so scared and against it and really needs it to become more independent. He is so down please help!! Hes 30

He can talk to the company or representatives like me. I'm a C2/3 quad am also your brother's age.

How long has he been injured? What do you mean by more independent? As a C2, he'll still need help with many needs.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985. Find out more of my life as a quad, and other topics, at www.joelvm.com.

dps

Hi ANGIE,
    I am very happy with the DPS.Mine was placed sept.2011.I am pacing 18 hours a day now.

Trainman and Bill are great resources......Nancygail

Quote Originally Posted by Angie77 View Post
    My brother is a c2 incomplete complete quad on a vent full time. He really needs to talk with someone who has had the pacer with succss. Hes so scared and against it and really needs it to become more independent. He is so down please help!! Hes 30
    I was scared and depressed for a while too. That's natural in the beginning especially. The key is to figure of what you CAN still do, and can learn to do. He needs to find something he can enjoy doing regularly.

Even though I wasn't successful with the DPS, I would encourage him to try getting the DPS, because it might improve his quality of life -- BUT the DPS will not determine his quality of life. DPS or not, ventilator or not, with appropriate support and his own determination, he can still accomplish things.

Many people here prove that. I shared some of my accomplishments in this video.

God bless.
    Wheelchair users -- even high-level quads... WANNA BOWL?

I'm a C1-2 with a legit 255 high bowling game.

Checkout the below CareCure thread about a new way to bowl!
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=87066