Thread: Core(Abs)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Core(Abs)

Just recently had two great accomplishments using a walker in kitchen I was able to cook dinner and wash dishes. Taking sitting breaks when needed. But what was exposed during these accomplishments was how weak my core and abs were. I had sharp pain in my lower back for the first time. Please let me know all ideas to strengthen core....Thanks.

PS. I just started contracting abs all day when standing or sitting when I remember.
    Appreciate the small gains and the large ones will be ignored!!

I have a pretty good idea of what your going through. As you stand over the sink or stove, do you find yourself leaning forward and sinking (bent knees? If so, this is a result of very weak glutes, weak & improper pelvic tilt and weak core.

1) For weak glutes: Squats

2) For pelvic strength: Lye on you back and tilt your pelvis upward and insure your lower back remains pressed against the matt (do not arch your back) Think of pressing your navel toward the floor. Hold the position 5-10 seconds each rep.

3) Core: Maintain your normal excercise routine ( I do 100 crunches daily)

Quote Originally Posted by kelrod View Post
    I have a pretty good idea of what your going through. As you stand over the sink or stove, do you find yourself leaning forward and sinking (bent knees? If so, this is a result of very weak glutes, weak & improper pelvic tilt and weak core.

1) For weak glutes: Squats

2) For pelvic strength: Lye on you back and tilt your pelvis upward and insure your lower back remains pressed against the matt (do not arch your back) Think of pressing your navel toward the floor. Hold the position 5-10 seconds each rep.

3) Core: Maintain your normal excercise routine ( I do 100 crunches daily)

100 crunches daily wow i need to get there too, i do 20 every other day, i have pain at lower back by the tail bone any tips how do it safely?
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

Quote Originally Posted by russianboss View Post
    100 crunches daily wow i need to get there too, i do 20 every other day, i have pain at lower back by the tail bone any tips how do it safely?
    The pain in your lower back may be a result of not tilting your pelvis in a upward position. To excercise & strengthen your pelvic muscles and maintain the proper tilt, see number 2 on of the initial reply to the original posting.

once you have a feel for this, use it when performing crunches

Thanks Kelrod Again. Yes leaning over the counter or stove was the case.
    Appreciate the small gains and the large ones will be ignored!!

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenJ View Post
    Thanks Kelrod Again. Yes leaning over the counter or stove was the case.
    Warren J, I forgot to mention the pelvic tilt excercise should also be incorporated into your standing and walking.

When standing, if your pelvis is tilted properly, your weight will be absorbed by your glutes. Current back pain is a result of your lower back absorbing the weight.