Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Making my Frog Legs casters roll better

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Didn't you say elsewhere that you buy in bulk because you go through a lot of bearings due to the fact you get your casters wet a lot? For the average Joe I can't see needing to purchase in bulk.
    Well, do the sum, if you need two bearing each casters so you need four, and the price if you buy four is $ 40 price of one and the price of eight is $45

    So you still thinking that is better buy four?

  2. #22
    My bad, I was thinking only two were needed, I forgot there is two per side.

    So the question is, do you notice a difference when pushing with these vs. the stock bearings?
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    1. Copy the URL (web address).
    2. Highlight the word(s) in your message that you want to use as the link.
    3. Click the "Insert Link" icon and paste the URL.
    4. Click "OK"
    Thanks stephen, I wasn`t smart enough to do it myself, my problem was with the number 2, was difficult even following what you said

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post

    So the question is, do you notice a difference when pushing with these vs. the stock bearings?
    No, this is just a whim, but their lifetime is longer.

  5. #25
    Primer on ABEC scale from Wikipedia:

    The ABEC scale is an industry accepted standard for the tolerances of a ball bearing. It was developed by the Annular Bearing Engineering Committee (ABEC).

    There are five classes, going from widest tolerances to tightest: 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9. Higher ABEC classes provide better precision, efficiency, and greater speed capabilities, but does not make the components spin faster/

    There are no required materials in the ABEC grades.

    High rated bearings are intended for precision applications like aircraft instruments or surgical equipment. Lower grades are intended for the vast majority of applications such as vehicles, mechanical hobbies, skates, fishing reels and industrial machinery.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    So the question is, do you notice a difference when pushing with these vs. the stock bearings?
    Years ago I splurged on an expensive set of bearings at the local roller blading store (back when that was still a fad). Not only did they not perform better than the cheapo bearings I had been using, they performed worse and wore out more quickly. I don't want to over-generalize about that experience because I don't know enough about all of the variables that factor into a good bearing, but sometimes you get less than what you pay for.

    I'm hoping that switching over to the Uni-Tine forks (or any single-sided fork) will contribute to the longevity of the bearings because there appears to be far less access for hair and other debris to seep into the sealings.

  7. #27
    Interesting info. from wiki Stephen, thanks.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Years ago I splurged on an expensive set of bearings at the local roller blading store.
    Not only did they not perform better than the cheapo bearings I had been using, they performed worse and wore out more quickly.

    I'm hoping that switching over to the Uni-Tine forks (or any single-sided fork) will contribute to the longevity of the bearings because there appears to be far less access for hair and other debris to seep into the sealings.
    With this two kinds of bearings that i was speaking about you will not be ably to say they performed worse, they are good stuff.
    A good and not expensive option is the bearings with stainless steel balls and the best of all is the girl who takes them to your house

    The next time you change them go for sealed and you will not have the problem with dust into the sealings.

  9. #29
    Those bearings look suspiciously airbrushed to me.

  10. #30
    What bearings?
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Similar Threads

  1. Billet Wheels W/ Soft Roll Tires vs. Frog Legs
    By charvine in forum Equipment
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 07:53 PM
  2. soft roll casters
    By TeamLuke in forum Equipment
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 09:13 PM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 01:13 AM
  4. frogs legs soft roll casters
    By amyk in forum Equipment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 01:11 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 10:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •