Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Making my Frog Legs casters roll better

  1. #11
    My first thought was that it was over tightended, as we just removed most of the hair a couple days prior, but it was just the opposite, it was very loose and needed tightened.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    FWIW, the shielded bearings did roll better than the sealed bearings.
    Interesting, any theories why?
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Interesting, any theories why?
    If your bearings are sealed or not i don`t think is a factor that could influence in how roll your casters,there could be a shielded bearing that roll better than a sealed bearing and vice-versa, the quality of the bearings depends on the perfection of the circumference of the balls and the material which they are made.
    Bearings are sealed for dirty don`t come in into the balls.
    Here you can see a caster with sealed bearings and ceramic balls video
    Last edited by totoL1; 04-25-2010 at 12:59 PM.

  4. #14
    Well that states the obvious. I guess I would just assume if they went to sealed bearings they would at least be a match in quality, maybe a false assumption.
    Last edited by Brianm; 04-25-2010 at 10:38 AM.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    If your bearings are sealed or not i don`t think is a factor that could influence in how roll your casters,there could be a shielded bearing that roll better than a sealed bearing and vice-versa, the quality of the bearings depends on the perfection of the circumference of the balls and the material which they are made.
    Bearings are sealed for dirty don`t come in into the balls.
    Here you can see a caster with sealed bearings and ceramic balls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6zdI7uBeQ
    Is this the bearing that you use?
    Last edited by stephen212; 04-25-2010 at 10:15 AM.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Is this the bearing that you use?
    Yes, but if you buy them in a 8 pack they will be cheaper ceramic

    If you think they are too expansive go for this ones stainless steel
    they are sealed too and have stainless steel balls,very good too, the casters keep rolling 3:30.

    What i have to do for don`t put the website direction like you with this?
    Last edited by totoL1; 04-25-2010 at 12:08 PM.

  7. #17
    When you say you got most of the hair out, that doesn't really free up the bearings. You have to actually take the wheels out of the forks and pick the hair out.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    When you say you got most of the hair out, that doesn't really free up the bearings. You have to actually take the wheels out of the forks and pick the hair out.
    Yep, did that a couple weeks ago; I clearly have more of an issue that SCI-OTR talks of, as these don't spin well period.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post

    What i have to do for don`t put the website direction like you with this?
    1. Copy the URL (web address).
    2. Highlight the word(s) in your message that you want to use as the link.
    3. Click the "Insert Link" icon and paste the URL.
    4. Click "OK"

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Yes, but if you buy them in a 8 pack they will be cheaper http://www.vxb.com/Merchant2/merchan...&Category_Code=

    If you think they are too expansive go for this ones http://www.vxb.com/Merchant2/merchan...&Category_Code=
    they are sealed too and have stainless steel balls,very good too, the casters keep rolling 3:30.

    What i have to do for don`t put the website direction like you with this?
    Didn't you say elsewhere that you buy in bulk because you go through a lot of bearings due to the fact you get your casters wet a lot? For the average Joe I can't see needing to purchase in bulk.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Similar Threads

  1. Billet Wheels W/ Soft Roll Tires vs. Frog Legs
    By charvine in forum Equipment
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 07:53 PM
  2. soft roll casters
    By TeamLuke in forum Equipment
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 09:13 PM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 01:13 AM
  4. frogs legs soft roll casters
    By amyk in forum Equipment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 01:11 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 10:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •