Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting up new parenting teens PT

Starting up new parenting teens PT

It's been a quiet summer in our parenting teens PT, and that's not a bad thing.

Since several members have expressed an interest in this group, and with school starting soon, I thought it would be a good time to start another PT, starting pretty much where we left off. If you were involved but no longer wish to be, that's cool. If you were but never posted but still want to be, that's too. And if you weren't a member before but would like to be, that's awesome.

So just post here or email me to let me know. I'll start of the PT in about a week or so.

~ There's so little you say of the life you have known, why you keep to yourself, why we're always alone. So dark, so dark and deep, the secrets that you keep.~ Cosette, Les Miserables, the opera

Don't let me out

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69.

Martha, just curious as to why this discussion is in a private topic? Seems to me it would be more inclusive and available as a regular thread. Thanks!

- Bruce

Hey Bruce ... it's the nature of some of the information that we've shared in the PT. There are several of us who've posted information about our children that we could NEVER post out here. Amazingly, I initiated this discussion so I could get some support and guidance about a particular issue in my family ... turns out 4-5 of us have been silently dealing with this issue, thinking we were the only ones suffering in this way.

So, it's not like have a secret club or anything ... anyone interested is welcomed to join us. However for the sakes of our children and other considerations, most of us prefer to keep it confinded to a private topic.

~ I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the rain .... ~ Scarecrow

Thanks Martha, I'm in if you'll have me

Not too sure what the topic is or was, but my children are 21 and 19, so I guess i still qualify to contribute. Kath

You are both more than welcome. I'll keep this post up about a week or so, and then start the topic.

~ I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the rain .... ~ Scarecrow

Hey everyone! Last call ... starting the PT this week. Let me know if you want in. See you guys soon.

~ Rommel, you magnificent bastard. I read your book. ~ General George Patton

Originally posted by marcomo:

So just post here or email me to let me know. I'll start of the PT in about a week or so.
    Marco ... I never married and never had kids. If you are talking about parenting and teen issues relating to how kids grow up with a disability or with a sibling or parent with a disability ... I would be of no help. But my sister had bunches of problems with her daughter just doing her own "Brittney Spears" thing... peer groups and poor choices. The niece (who I love dearly) just became a tyrant. When she started running away and sleeping in basements, missing school, etc. etc. ... I had to finally believe my sister. The niece was not an angel.

As a last resort, she used this place. There is some general words of advice and a free video, etc. Ultimately, it was boarding school that was neceassary. I've heard of a lot of people looking for such. I don't know if its the double income family thing with both parents working and no boundaries for kids or what. But it helped the niece (who always had a mom at home).

I just read this morning that changing the school calender moving to year round schooling might just be counter productive because kids used to take summer jobs and this gave them a work ethic. They cited some study that said kids that learn to work early tend to be better earners in life. I don't know. I only know I can not hire a varmit to wash my van for love of money... noooo ... "I've got an important cartoon to watch."

DOH!

Nintendo.

DOH!!

As I said, never married. "Your odds are good, but the goods are odd." I know nothing... NOTHing !!! ....

Yes Marco I'm still in!!!

Obieone