Thread: Fear

Fear

Sometimes i am worry that my sons or my wife will experience a serious injury. I am not unknown with this fear, i had it pre-injury also but now the same fear has returned with more strength. If my sons experience something that can be dangerous in my eyes i can think about that in many houres, sometimes days. Driving car with my family and fear of been involved in a crash is a nightmare. I
    Is it possible to get rid of such feelings? Those thoughts steal much of my happiness.

Everything happens for a reason. Live life to the fullest. Do not dwell on what you cannot control.

I know it is easier said than done , but you have to start somewhere.

Brian C/5
    http://bspill1.home.comcast.net

The lord said ''FEAR NOT''For I am with you always...

Always helps me, to remember this.

Live in the moment.

God Bless

I read somewhere - "I have experienced many tradgedies and traumas in my life and a couple of them have actually happened."

I find I have to repeat "That's not happening."

I am terrified that my son will be victimised or will roll into water or will choke and I won't hear him or ...............
    That's not happening, that's not happening.

Right this moment, we are safe and happy. Savor it.
    Darthe

Music, to create harmony, must investigate discord. Plutarch

As a parent worrying about your children at certain times, is quite normal. I would think that because you have a SCI that you probably worry more now than before you were injured. This sounds like worrying, not a premonition.

PN

Sleipner,
    Pray about it.
    Cathy J

Originally posted by dhues:

I read somewhere - "I have experienced many tradgedies and traumas in my life and a couple of them have actually happened."
    I can relate to that one!
    Look like we all plague ourselves with fearful thoughts. Lately, I've been to busy to entertain many and I am grateful for that.

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities... Brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.