Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marriage commitment after SCI

Quote Originally Posted by walkanotherday
    Very strange numbers. Are there stats on marriages that occur after SCI? Like when an AB marries a SCI say 1-2 year after SCI?
    according to the research, post-SCI marriages have a much better prognosis. i don't have any hard numbers, tho.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world...is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous

Quote Originally Posted by Varian
    i am sure if the marriage continues the significant other will cheat though.

I hope not but most of the girls i've met would and said they would.
    you must hangout with some real winners

Quote Originally Posted by Susan M
    My Husband, Colin, and I just celebrated our 18th year wedding anniversary--nearly 4 years to the day of my c4/c5 SCI. Our relationship was solid before our car accident, we are even more rock solid now. We are in this together.

Sue

I can tell you that she is right. Rand had a conversation with Colin for awhile during a visit and when we left he told me that he sure loves her a lot.

Jesse's Mom,

Thank you for posting that. I had no idea.

Susan

The role model (or roll model) for this question.

Interesting question. One couple came to mind very quickly. Christopher and Dana Reeve. An incredible couple who will be greatly missed by many. That is all that needs to be said.

titanium4motion

my husband and I (husband is T6 complete) keep talking about this. It is natural to think that he will be a burden etc. etc. I told him that as long as he isn't an a---hole and as long as he is kind and good to me, AND..... as long as he maintains a positive atitude, I will be with him forever. We have been together for almost 18 years!! (highschool sweethearts). The same rules still apply... Be nice, be respectful, and don't cheat on me !!

To post my two cents, my wife told me she wanted a divorce 3 weeks after I got home from the hospital. We weren't having problems before this. Oh well true colors were revealed.

That is so f---ed up Mark. You will find someone better.... She did you a favor but leaving you. You deserve someone better.

Quote Originally Posted by markm
    To post my two cents, my wife told me she wanted a divorce 3 weeks after I got home from the hospital. We weren't having problems before this. Oh well true colors were revealed.
    You are better off without her Mark. In time someone else will come along.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Bryans Mom
    I have had someone to day tell me that 99% of marriages break up after one spouse receives a sci. What is your input into this. I don't agree. My son is 28 and is a C1-2 as of last April 17th and I believe his and his wife's faith and our strong family and church family is a great asset that will make all the differnce. Sandy
    This August I will be married 17 years to my wife. 2 years 7 months post injury.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003