Thread: Avatar came out today on DVD and Blu-Ray

Avatar came out today on DVD and Blu-Ray

I'm watching it right now on Blu-Ray, never seen my sony 1080P display such brilliant images, amazing.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

We are going to pick it up later.

Have yet to see but will do.

I saw the advertisements and it didn't look that good. I've seen a lot of eye candy and prefer a strong story line. I thought Pan's labyrinth really had some pretty graphics, plus had an interesting story. We have a 50" plasma with a PS3 for a player. I really do appreciate the new high res stuff!!!
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by SoulScream View Post
    I saw the advertisements and it didn't look that good. I've seen a lot of eye candy and prefer a strong story line. I thought Pan's labyrinth really had some pretty graphics, plus had an interesting story. We have a 50" plasma with a PS3 for a player. I really do appreciate the new high res stuff!!!
    SoulScream, I saw it and was very disappointed for the weak, bare bones plot and no character development at all either, the last half hour dragged on with a battle too, it was too long. Good special effects though.

I also loved Pan's Labyrinth for the reasons you stated.

Pam

Ya, its definately eye candy in blu ray and a must have it your into that sort of thing. The one thing I was dissapointed in though is there is no special features in the blu ray, just the full length feature film as shown in the thearter. I was hoping for deleted scenes, bloopers, etc. Or maybe even a making of the film documentry would have been nice. The soundtrack is dts direct which is good or dolby digital with something like 4 other languages or so.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Just finished watching it.

My parents gave Avatar on Blu-ray and the box set of the Twilight Saga in hardcover edition for my birthday. High-definition is really gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    The one thing I was dissapointed in though is there is no special features in the blu ray, just the full length feature film as shown in the thearter.
    That's why you never buy a movie like this when it first comes out. Wait until Holiday time and then I'll bet a new special edition will be released.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    That's why you never buy a movie like this when it first comes out. Wait until Holiday time and then I'll bet a new special edition will be released.
    The 3D version of Avatar will be released in the near future. Some companies like to do what's called double or multi dipping with their products. For example, they released the three Lord of the Rings films on Blu-ray, but not the extended versions yet, knowing true fans of the films (like me!) want the longer versions.