Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What front end angle is this?

What front end angle is this?

Is this an 80 degree or 85?

This puppy will be for sale (cheap) soon. It has a spare set of Primo tires and handrims need cleaning up. Other than that it has been gently used and is in good shape.

16 x 16 A4
    3" dump
    Old X-Core wheels (will accept D's locks)
    Camber 3" or 6"
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

The A4 only comes with an 80 degree front frame angle.

Quote Originally Posted by BRASWELLF5 View Post
    Is this an 80 degree or 85?

This puppy will be for sale (cheap) soon. It has a spare set of Primo tires and handrims need cleaning up. Other than that it has been gently used and is in good shape.

16 x 16 A4
    3" dump
    Old X-Core wheels (will accept D's locks)
    Camber 3" or 6"
    While I'm sure that SCI_OTR's answer is definitive, in the future you can use your (or borrow a friend's) iPhone level app and hold it up against the front frame to discover the angle.

Oh Apple, is there anything you can't do?

Thanks, I do have an iPhone and I have been itching to test its accuracy. I'll have to do that tomorrow. ty
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Get the serial number off the frame and call the manufacturer...they should be able to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by BRASWELLF5 View Post
    Thanks, I do have an iPhone and I have been itching to test its accuracy. I'll have to do that tomorrow. ty
    it's decent... more a novelty but it works if you calibrate well.

i have this one: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ihand...293621500?mt=8

I checked the angle with the Stanley Bostitch app. It showed to be 84 degrees. So since it is supposed to be an 80 degree chair I guess it is off 4 degrees.
    Pete C6/'97

Different front or rear sized tires will offset the angle also.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Different front or rear sized tires will offset the angle also.
    Bingo.

It does look closer to 85 degrees in the pic. I'm guessing it was built for 24" wheels and has 25" wheels on it.

Now that I think about it, it did come with quad knobs on it, so I am sure they were smaller wheels. That was a long time ago. I am just trying to decide to go with 85 or 90 for my new chair. Kinda worried about 90 and going down ramps with such a short wheelbase. A lot of people seem to prefer 85 here.
    Pete C6/'97