Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Get behind DA like me

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    Huh? Are you being sarcastic and calling me mr. Salk? if so ,you should leave the sarcasm to your first language... I understand there are hurdles no matter what. I'm saying why not try to avoid as many as you can, with in reason of course....
    I was, sarcastic in the comment for sure, but read my post above, -there is as of today nothing to imrove! You got it!

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Would you please explain what you mean about Salk?
    Good Q 55. I tend to like you, not only for good dialogue but since you are a resource. Thanks for keeping up in these discussions with all us and serving good.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Thanks, good to have all facts cleared rdf. Btw US men Baseball sport sucks! The softer one sport for women - don't remember what you call it - is Ok.

If we could all wear these pants tugging on that rope, we would kick some butt Leif!

Are you talking about softball? Both men and women play softball, but I agree, the women are more pleasing to watch.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

For those of you who are critical of the need for clinical trial guidelines, this is the "classic" classroom example of why they were implemented. There were many others to be sure. I have been witness to such experimental subject abuse, ironically carried out in labs at Pitt where Salk developed his vaccine. This was in the 1960s before the guidelines were implemented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskege...lis_experiment
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Eric, I said before; when credible trials are conducted, no matter where, we will follow. The world is abig place and now is all encompassing in research and findings. The key is to have credibel reported results and verified by someone like Wise. It's coming.

Would you please explain what you mean about Salk?
    what i mean is that salk's major critic/competition (i forget his name) was saying he was moving to fast and should slow down and his work would prove to be harmful. he choose to go forward instead of bowing to his colleagues and they were wrong and he saved millions of lives. though there was later a manufacturing problem that caused harm it was not a issue of salk's vaccine..

For those of you who are critical of the need for clinical trial guidelines, this is the "classic" classroom example of why they were implemented. There were many others to be sure. I have been witness to such experimental subject abuse, ironically carried out in labs at Pitt where Salk developed his vaccine. This was in the 1960s before the guidelines were implemented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskege...lis_experiment
    yea thats what i'm for, the Tuskegee experiment. why is everything black and white with you people. If it isn't your way its the tuskegee experiment or its a mad scientist testing dangerous therapies on innocent victims. there is a middle ground.

what i mean is that salk's major critic/competition (i forget his name) was saying he was moving to fast and should slow down and his work would prove to be harmful. he choose to go forward instead of bowing to his colleagues and they were wrong and he saved millions of lives. though there was later a manufacturing problem that caused harm it was not a issue of salk's vaccine..
    Salk could take that risk because controls were not in place to prohibit him from doing so. He was lucky. But the fact is, there were numerous others that were unchecked that resulted in harm. The pile got high enough that our society said "enough is enough" and implemented the current controls, making them the law of the land. You can spend your time and energy complaining about them, you can spend decades trying to change the controls, or you can spend it raising money every which way to move on within the system and move ahead, however fast or slow that permits. Neither me, Wise, or anyone else out there has a magic wand that can be waved to change that reality.

Salk and Sabin developed their vaccines with mostly private sector charity contributions, largely from the March of Dimes, which would be the March of $1.54 in today's U.S. currency.

As Wise has pointed out, he is a researcher/scientist, and he does work in the lab, as he should. If some of you guys want to try changing the system, no one is preventing you. Others are busy trying to raise public money, which they are similarly free to do.

As we say in the country, "it is about time for you hand wringers/whiners to shit or get off the pot."
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

so by todays and many cc members standard, salk would be considered unethical.

Salk could take that risk because controls were not in place to prohibit him from doing so. He was lucky. But the fact is, there were numerous others that were unchecked that resulted in harm. The pile got high enough that our society said "enough is enough" and implemented the current controls, making them the law of the land. You can spend your time and energy complaining about them, you can spend decades trying to change the controls, or you can spend it raising money every which way to move on within the system and move ahead, however fast or slow that permits. Neither me, Wise, or anyone else out there has a magic wand that can be waved to change that reality.

Salk and Sabin developed their vaccines with mostly private sector charity contributions, largely from the March of Dimes, which would be the March of $1.54 in today's U.S. currency.

As Wise has pointed out, he is a researcher/scientist, and he does work in the lab, as he should. If some of you guys want to try changing the system, no one is preventing you. Others are busy trying to raise public money, which they are similarly free to do.

As we say in the country, "it is about time for you hand wringers/whiners to shit or get off the pot."
    I agree with the majority of this post. and I believe I have done my part financially with donations and will continue too so even though I don't agree with the way things are currently handled. But I do intend to work towards moving things in the direction I feel is most effective. theres no question i have a long long road but I will fight in my own way.

Don't assume discussing a topic on a forum equates lack of effort in real life. Granted I haven't made any major steps yet but I'm willing to do what it takes. I have lots to learn and I'm attempting to make as many contacts as I can to learn. I've already learned so much just from reading the posts of Dr. Young through the years. maybe I'll fail maybe I will change things who knows but I'm willing to try...