Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Get behind DA like me

Get behind DA like me

I have to admit, I have been awed by DA’s ability to act pitiful and to extol the advantages of using pity to obtain funds to advance the quest for a cure. After giving the matter my utmost consideration, I have decided to encourage DA by helping him put his concept into action. Here is the proposal:

According to an article in Forbes Magazine, there are more than 40 billionaires in Texas. Many of these billionaires are getting old and are already trying to buy their way into heaven by donating their wealth to causes, charities, and various institutions. I am proposing that DA throw a Texas barbecue for them during which he can do his pity act. He can tell them how blessed they will be if they donate a meaningful sum to research efforts. For the younger billionaires who are still fueled by greed, he could do a pitch encouraging them to invest in private companies doing related research. He could show clips from the CBS “Snake Oil” program to show how much desperate people will be willing to pay for a cure. That might be a bit of an exaggeration, but for some reason, I think DA could pull it off. What’s more, I am proposing as an incentive, we name the resulting cure after the one who gives/invests the most and DA , i.e. the xyz-DA treatment/cure, as for example, the Salk/Sabin polio vaccines.

Since DA is a Texas insider, I am certain that will have no difficulty getting these people together. Because he is so masterful at articulating the merits of pity in fund raising, I know he can put on the “Ultimate Pity Party” that will solve the fund raising problem in one fell swoop.

Let’s all get behind DA. It is time for his crusade to get moving. Con these Texas billionaires out of their last dime, DA! Out corrupt them.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Sci55, I often refer to the polio miracle from the fifties. When I was in grade school, polio was prevelant; then the vaciine became available. Now, poilio is an afterthought. Here's hoping that some tretment will be available for spinal problems. Anything is possible; here's hoping that Wise's trials will be successful for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    I have to admit, I have been awed by DA’s ability to act pitiful and to extol the advantages of using pity to obtain funds to advance the quest for a cure. After giving the matter my utmost consideration, I have decided to encourage DA by helping him put his concept into action. Here is the proposal:

According to an article in Forbes Magazine, there are more than 40 billionaires in Texas. Many of these billionaires are getting old and are already trying to buy their way into heaven by donating their wealth to causes, charities, and various institutions. I am proposing that DA throw a Texas barbecue for them during which he can do his pity act. He can tell them how blessed they will be if they donate a meaningful sum to research efforts. For the younger billionaires who are still fueled by greed, he could do a pitch encouraging them to invest in private companies doing related research. He could show clips from the CBS “Snake Oil” program to show how much desperate people will be willing to pay for a cure. That might be a bit of an exaggeration, but for some reason, I think DA could pull it off. What’s more, I am proposing as an incentive, we name the resulting cure after the one who gives/invests the most and DA , i.e. the xyz-DA treatment/cure, as for example, the Salk/Sabin polio vaccines.

Since DA is a Texas insider, I am certain that will have no difficulty getting these people together. Because he is so masterful at articulating the merits of pity in fund raising, I know he can put on the “Ultimate Pity Party” that will solve the fund raising problem in one fell swoop.

Let’s all get behind DA. It is time for his crusade to get moving. Con these Texas billionaires out of their last dime, DA! Out corrupt them.
    for an old buzzard, you have childish ways.

the miami project makes millions each year by pointing out the bad in sci. why cant we?

i never heard of cancer, ms, hiv, jerry lewis, or anyone pointing out the good in their problem.

a few examples of your warp thinking.

give to the children who is not hungry.
    give to the rich country who didnt have a natural disaster.
    give to the college fund for the rich kids.
    give to the sci cure because being paralyzed is not so bad if you give it a chance.

I'm 100% supporting this idea 55. DA, let's rock.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Wow! Figuring out how to wring something positive from DA's perpetual whining is testament to your wisdom. A wise owl indeed.

I fear DA will find a way to frustrate your ambitions though. He has the most developed reverse-midas I have ever seen but kudos nevertheless.

your thoughts on this thread. more pity?

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=134161

''He has the most developed reverse-midas I have ever seen but kudos nevertheless.''

Well put, I agree.
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

DA, 55 had an excelent idea. What do you have to say?
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    DA, 55 had an excelent idea. What do you have to say?
    Probably the same as when I asked him about Backenridge and Baylor College of Medicine - Zero!

the polio vaccine wouldn't have even happened today. they would still be running double blind tests and debating the results of the vaccine. and thats even if they could find the funding in the first place and even then theres a high chance it would't make it past trials. 2/3rds of all procedures dont make it out of trials. if you don't think there is valuable research being abandoned because it doesn't pass a trial your crazy. i know researchers believe trials are unfallible(sp) but I'd bet money they have flaws especially in an area like SCI with so many variables. Call it self pity but things are more complex than you all make it out to be. just because the powers that be tell you "do this and this will happen" doesn't make it so. take the time and read about some of the things that go on, im learning and getting new stories everyday. I've decided to get ideas from some of the people that have been there and its eye opening....