Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hysteroscopy

hysteroscopy

Has anyone ever had this done, I am tired of having a period and dealing with the mess!!!

Please let me know, I am scheduled for 5/5/2010

sduffy22@zoominternet.net

good luck!!! i want one but my dr says i'm too young. i'd like to know your experience afterward
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

The purpose is to get a look inside the uterus?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    good luck!!! i want one but my dr says i'm too young. i'd like to know your experience afterward
    Grrr...I hate that judgment! I was told that when I went to get my tubes tied at 22. By any chance, was this a MALE doctor?

Emmy, I've never heard of the procedure you mentioned but I have heard quite a few women talk about how happy they were that they had ablations. What's the diff between the two?
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

I have not had that done female wise but about everything else. If your done having kids i would ask about having an oblation done. http://www.novasure.com/
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    Grrr...I hate that judgment! I was told that when I went to get my tubes tied at 22. By any chance, was this a MALE doctor?

Emmy, I've never heard of the procedure you mentioned but I have heard quite a few women talk about how happy they were that they had ablations. What's the diff between the two?
    no, it wasnt a male dr. in some states it is illegal to do a hysterectomy before a woman is a certain age (i think it is 24. depends on the state), same with tubes tied. but my dr seems to think i will fall in love and want to have loads of babies with the dude. yea right. i have ALWAYS wanted to adopt. pregnancy seems so unimportant to me when i know so many children are in desperate need of homes. + health issues (my orthopedic surgeons dont want me getting pregnant due to all the metal they put on my spine)

ablation seems like a good alternative. i know hysterectomies have the risk of causing loss in bone density etc. i do wish you well!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

A hysterectomy won't cause bone loss if they just remove the uterus, not the ovaries.

I am trying to beg for one now as well... but the Dr. keeps suggesting things like Mirena instead. I just know that's a bad idea and I'd be one of the few % who bleeds for 6 mo. afterwards. Ugh.

But the OP said "hysteroscopy," not "hysterectomy"--meaning just taking a look inside?

in some states it is illegal to do a hysterectomy before a woman is a certain age (i think it is 24. depends on the state), same with tubes tied. but my dr seems to think i will fall in love and want to have loads of babies with the dude. yea right.
    Those laws are just plain wrong. More paternalistic BS from the old white guys that populate many state legislatures.

I got the same line of crap when I went to get my tubes tied. Made no difference that I swore I never wanted to have kids -- he was certain that two years after, I'd be back begging him to reverse it.

This triggered a surreal string of events including emergency surgery for a suspected ectopic pregnancy. If anyone's interested, the whole sordid story is posted in my blog: Why I'm Pro-Choice

[/personal perspectives]

And yes, it seems that a hysteroscopy is a look inside the uterus, and is used to take biopsies and perform some procedures like removing any fibroids that might be causing bleeding.

Never had one, Emmy, but I hope that yours goes well and you're able to get your doctor to do something that helps you out.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

I hear you 1000%, Hip.

Except in my case it was female doctors acting, er, maternalistic... quite literally. "I loooove my babies so much, and you will LOVE YOUR BABIES TOO!" (as in, you have NO CHOICE, girl, start lovin' them babies!!)

As soon as menopause finally comes, I will return to each of them and gloat loudly.
    (at least I fantasize that I will, lol!)

Don't want 'em. Never wanted 'em. It's a legitimate choice.

They don't even have whiskers or soft furry pointy ears, come on! What's to love?

Here we have to be 30 years old to tie the tubes and I did it when my daughter was born. I was 31 years old and was sure it was enough with two kids. And what happened? I changed my mind and had a lot of trouble to get help getting my small one since I have the SCI and I had to go to Sweden to take ICSI because they didn't have any law against doing ICSI on disable people. It took me three years to fight here and then I gave up and went to Sweden.

I understand when they say women are too young to decide. It is better to wait until we are sure we don't want any. My daughter is 24 and she hasn't start to think on babies yet. But here the average age of getting the first child is 30 years old. People don't get children before they have an education, own their own house or appartment and got a job. And that takes time.
    TH 12, 43 years post