Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penis Retraction?

Question Penis Retraction?

After all these years sitting in my wheelchair my penis retracts into my body & I can't wear condom caths anymore. Is there any solution to this problem? I'm sick of wearing a foly & want to go back to external caths. Even if it takes surgery at this point.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

whenever i get AD my penis super shrinks makes it a bit harder to cath! i hear there is a method where u can cath thru ur belly button. my friend has it done. shes a chick but cant see why they cant do it to anyone with a belly button. dont go getting cock surgery, you may need it one day!

Norm, CapnGimp recently wrote about this problem and how he resolved it by using the product discussed in that thread. It's worth a try -- certainly cheaper, easier, and less traumatic that surgery.

But I have to ask -- if you're tired of the Foley and willing to do surgery, why not consider an SP cath?
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

dont be offended but if your overweight that makes it turtle too.

another thing sexual activity really helps, regular boners.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I have found that frequent UTIs and colonization might cause the shrinking retractable penis. I've been UTI free since mid-January and Junior doesn't retract anymore. So far,so good if the UTIs stay away. It also gets a lot more erections.
    Maybe you and your urologist can find a solution.

I don't have an infection causing this. I am over weight. But there may be another solution.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Hi,
    There is a product "penis pouch" that is like a baggie-type product that the entire penis and scrotum fits into and connected to a drainage bag. Google search it.
    I don't know of any surgery that can retract your penis out, unless the foreskin is thick and redundant and a circumcision can help that. Have you discussed this with your urologist?
    An sp is an option but it carries the same risks as a foley, which you do not want.
    There is the mitrafanoff procedure you can search (there are many posts on cc) which is hte procedure through your navel that is being talked about above.
    Please ask any further questions.

AAD

I hear you on the incredible shrinking penis. Not that I was Long Dong Silver in my days before SCI but at least I could find the thing. Granted I too am over weight and the quad gut does not help either. I intermit cath so the Texas Condom is not an issue at the present time but should things go the other way I am going to be in trouble.

know the feeling well! seems like I piss on myself every time I go anymore!

i hear ya norm mine comes and goes im a little heavy myself
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]