Thread: 11year old quad C-2,C-3, moving toes

11year old quad C-2,C-3, moving toes

I would like to hear from any moms out there. This is new to me. My son was injured just two years ago. He is now 11.

Hey mom#1! So glad you've joined us. I'm sure you'll hear from other moms of sci children soon. I'm not one of those. You may get more replies if we move this topic to Family. I'll see if I can contact a Family moderator to copy and move this topic there.

Again, welcome mom#1.

Hi mom#1! I'm not a mom, nor do I have an SCI. My husband has an SCI. I just wanted to say hi and welcome to a fellow Southern girl! I'm from Alabama. I think you will find this site informative and most of the people supportive. Have you checked out the Caregivers forum yet? Welcome and take care!

Carol

Hi Mom#1 - I have a 21 year old son with a C2/C3 injury (incomplete) that occured a little over a year ago. This is a great site for information, support, and most of all hope. I would be a (bigger) basket case if this site didn't exist. If you have a question, chances are someone will be able to give you an answer.

Good luck to you and your son!

Hi and Welcome Mom!!

I am mom to Heather, age 12, T-12 complete, 4 years post. She was in a car accident with her aunt who was killed in the accident. I realize that Heather's injury is lower than your sons but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. You are lucky to have found these boards. The support and information here is wonderful. Remember to also take time for yourself, I know that is hard sometimes as you are the mom, and if you are like me do most of the care giving.

My thought and prayers are with you.

Hello Mom #1,

I am another Mom of a SCI child. My five-year-old daughter Emma was injured Nov. 7, 2002. Her injury was the result of a spontaneous hematoma (an unexplained bleed)that compressed her cord. Emma is a complete T3-T6. I'm so glad you found this site, My husband and I look for information here almost every day. We have educated Emma's doctors and therapists countless times with information from carecure. I am so thankful it is here for us!

Alison