Thread: Got press fitted for a Ride Design cushion today

Got press fitted for a Ride Design cushion today

What a process. They put me on the Big Blue thing and push down really hard on me to put an imprint of my butt into this foam material so that the makers of the cushion can form a cushion specifically to my behind. It should be ready by the time I'm done with surgery I'm starting to get back up again. No other cushion mapped well enough. I look forward to actually being able to use it. Here is a picture of me in my power chair getting it done:
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

That's pretty cool! Hope you're bum doesn't change!

ry, have u put one in your colours, those things sit you way high. how do u plan to push. and why are they forming you in your pc. u use a manual. that is just not smart. you sit totally different in your manual.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Love love love to see that "freedom is coming" smile, Rybread -- it looks damn good on you!

Looks like you've got yer bum under control, now what's the latest with yer shoulder?
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Well I plan on using both the power and manual chair. I'm getting a new manual chair also. A Quickie Q7. We did all the sizing and everything at the same time we set up the cushion. I'm going with a little less dump then my Colours chair has now, only going to go with 4 inches versus the 5 inches I have in my chair now. That power chair has 2 1/2 inches of dump in it so it's not such a dramatic change. I have to use the power chair until after my shoulder heals. It's still giving me a lot of grief and not letting me push with it, or do a lot of other things. After the surgery gets done on my behind, I may have to have surgery on my shoulder if it doesn't heal up while I'm healing from surgery. So we'll see what happens.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.