Thread: The things they say!

The things they say!

On the lighter side, this morning I drove Tatiana to her father's apartment. I was my usual less-than-gorgeous self at that time of morning. The complex is gated with an entry system allowing the residents to see who's coming to see them. When Scott answered the code I answered jokingly, "It's your beautiful ex-wife!" and smiled big for the camera.

As we pulled in Tatiana said, "Mom, don't feel bad. You used to be really pretty when you were younger." ...

Kids!

That's funny!

The other night my two boys were watching Looney Toons and one of the characters said, "It's not over until the fat lady sings!" Well, my 5yr old repeated it and I immediatly told him that was not a nice thing to say and his reply was, "Oh it's ok Mama, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about ANOTHER fat lady!!!" I was speechless.

Shannon
    C6/7 incomplete

My mom took our kids for haircuts the other day. They were waiting their turns, when our 4 yo spots a "large" woman entering the shop. My mom saw the thoughts materializing in his head, but before she could get her hand over his mouth, he blurts out, "GRANDMA, THAT LADY IS REAL FAT!!!

Needless to say, Grandma was mortified and the older kids just walked outside like they didn't know him. Luckily, the woman was understanding and she and mom talked for the rest of the time.

Martha, you are still beautiful from what I can see!

Jewel

Awww, thanks Jewel. Luckily no one's posted a picture of me first thing in the morning.

Originally posted by martha2:

Awww, thanks Jewel. Luckily no one's posted a picture of me first thing in the morning.
    Not a one of us could pass that test! I can't even stand myself some mornings, what the heck do I do in the middle of the nite, stand on my head or something? I don't get how my hair looks so good and then I sleep and wake up looking like Medusa!!!!!