Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Such a bad day....(warning rant included)

Caring people hurt. You cannot "suck up" real grief. Fortunately, tincture of time does help to heal and you will be able to focus on the good times with your brother. For now, let the others suck it up while you deal with your painful loss.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Grieving doesn't adhere to any schedule. We all do the best we can with it, but the pain continues for quite sometime. I am sorry that you are getting so little support on the homefront, but glad that you came here to "talk" to people who perhaps understand a little better that the whole "just get over it" stance is counter productive and negating of your very real feelings. Wishing you better days ahead.

I'm very sorry for your hurt & grief.

I'm married to a man that's good as gold to me but fails in the emotional support area, it's a bitch, sorry.

HC, sometimes I think like Jim. It's just a different way of thinking & one w/o insensitive intent. To me, I'd sometimes rather think they're the lucky ones, no pain, no worries, better off than the ones left behind. Granted, I cry like a baby when it happens but my thinking helps me through it.

Quad79 -- sometimes I think like that, too, and many times it's a very appropriate sentiment. But when someone comes here specifically because she's hurt that people are telling her to just get over her friend's death, telling her to "let him go" sure sounds like more of what's hurting her already.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Thanks guys! Hubby realized this afternoon that I wasn't doing very good when he came home from school and found me sound asleep at 3 in the afternoon. I'm usually the one everyone leans on, so it's been very difficult to have the roles reversed on me. After I took a nap, I had a funny thought - I think David was the reason I fell today just to remind me that he's still watching over me. His dad proclaimed at the funeral home that he was going to dump me on the ground just like David used to just to lighten up the mood. When David dumped me out, I still couldn't get back into my chair, so his dad had to come pick me up.

I really don't think anything can be done about the spot where I fell today. It's just a standard joint between two pieces of concrete. I've gone over that spot so many times without any troubles that landing on the sidewalk today was a complete and total surprise. School has been very helpful in keeping me occupied. I'm currently taking 14 hours and I can't wait for this difficult semester to be over. I still don't know how I have practically 4 A's and 1 B with everything that has been going on; and considering that i'm taking Biology I w/lab, Chemistry I w/lab, Macroeconomics (my only B) and Trig all at the same time.

While my hubby and I were watching a movie tonight mending my ego, we had a very big surprise. I commented that the sky looked a little green. This is nothing out of the ordinary when there is a severe thunderstorm in the area. We went back to watching our movie until the tornado sirens went off. It turns out that there was a tornado west of the house by about 12 miles or so moving toward us!! Hubby went outside to see what was going on and he couldn't see anything due to heavy rain. It was just a huge surprise since we were unaware of what was going on since there wasn't an elevated risk of tornadoes tonight.

Thanks to everyone for being there for me today. I really appreciate your kindness.

heres a flower. today will still suck, but how often do hamster give you flowers?

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Caring people hurt. You cannot "suck up" real grief. Fortunately, tincture of time does help to heal and you will be able to focus on the good times with your brother. For now, let the others suck it up while you deal with your painful loss.
    Never heard it put so concisely, but it's what I've always believed.

Sorry to hear your so deeply conected with your greiving side. You'll be able to get thru it, you've gotten thru tougher times, by way of para.Hang in there and get the grades in classes, what a load, hope you do ok.

Glad you're feeling better now & props to the hubby.

Today I had to depend on a few sets of brown puppy dog eyes to get through & thought of you. I hope they're all you needed today too.

That is soooo true SCI55yrs!!! I know it'll get better with time, it just really sucks right now. The hamster flower is so cute.

I managed to get from chemistry to biology today without falling, so it was a better day. I'm still dreading Saturday, but at least I won't have to go to this memorial ceremony by myself. My friend's dad and grandparents will be making the trip down here. I think my parents will be there too, so I'll just have to wait and see how it goes.