Thread: What is your computer headset?

What is your computer headset?

I have used various headsets over the years, Logitech, Andrea, and various others. However by far my favourite is my Plantronics DSP 400 USB. The only flawI have found with these headphones is the adjustments, they can be a real pain in the backside sometimes, and also the sponges that go over the earpieces. I would say they probably have something like a two year life span before they start falling to pieces or perishing. Anyway, I have written to Plantronics in the hope that they can provide me with some spare earpieces sponges.

I am using the Plantronics CS50-USB wireless headset. I use it with DNS and MacSpeech Dictate. It also works with Skype.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    I am using the Plantronics CS50-USB wireless headset. I use it with DNS and MacSpeech Dictate. It also works with Skype.
    I also use that headset with Windows, but have a problem with audio hum. Do you have that problem?

No problem with audio hum. You may want to give Plantronics Tech Support or Customer Service a call. If your headset is under a year old, you should be able to get a new one at no charge. I would try the headset on another computer if possible to see if the hum persists.

From my experience, this is a company that stands behind their equipment.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Actually, I have got two sets of this microphone. They are very good. I primarily use them on the Skype and actually bought them so I could sit outside in the sunshine while still talking to people on the computer. The only problem with wireless microphones is if you drop them. I'm not sure I would like to wear these type of wireless microphones for long periods of time like I do at the moment, my Plantronics DSP 400 microphones are very comfortable and you can wear them for several hours with no problems whatsoever

I am always on the search for a better headset and at the moment I have a blue parrot Expressway
    http://www.knowbrainer.com/ShopOnlin...-plus-pack.cfm
    Despite being highly recommended I do have a few problems with it. I snapped the over the head band within 24 hours so I am using the band that goes around the back of your head and over ones ears and I wouldn't say that is very comfortable. The volume on it is way too low even at its highest level. It is also Bluetooth which unfortunately goes hand-in-hand with a crappy sound. The accuracy level is good but I wouldn't say as outstanding as made out by resellers. It is good however to have a wireless alternative as that comes in handy at times.

So I find myself using my Logitech clear chat pro USB headset working on a profile created by the Bluetooth headset believe it or not. This combination gives me the best accuracy I have had so far using Dragon naturally speaking. This is not a recommendation for the Logitech clear chat pro because although it works well for me I have read where others can't even get it to pass the audio test.

Quote Originally Posted by PaidMyDues View Post
    I also use that headset with Windows, but have a problem with audio hum. Do you have that problem?
    There is a volume control on the headset. When I adjusted to a higher volume I can hear a hissing sound.
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

The cheap Andrea headset that plugs into my laptop soundcard it is all I use. I think it cost me $20 shipped. I had to put a little foam on the left side with some duct tape to hold it in place but otherwise I've been going on this headset for a year now. I couldn't deal with a wireless headset. If I drop did I would be screwed. I think this is actually the fourth time I've bought one these headsets. A few times they have gone bad after a year of use from the cable getting pulled on or something.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

are you able to use the controls on the earpiece with quad hands? what about taking it on and off?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    are you able to use the controls on the earpiece with quad hands? what about taking it on and off?
    Nope. I could take the headset off but I could not put it back on by myself.
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com