Thread: Frustration with your limitations

Frustration with your limitations

I often feel so frustrated and sad because I can't be the kind of partner and mother that I want to be. Somedays I just physically ache because I want to get up and take care of the baby so Jose can sleep in or get down and play with her or do a mad thourogh housecleaning or whatever. I HATE having to get other people to do it for me.
    Today, Fathers Day, I feel soooo bad that Jose couldn't take the day off, and that I couldn't take care of him all day for once.
    I just get so mad and sad that I can't be the type of mother and partner that they deserve.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

Well, Emi, from my observations over the last couple of years, you sound like a great mom and partner. Don't be so hard on yourself. No mom (AB or disabled) ever thinks she is doing enough for her family. Pat yourself on the back, think of the women with SCI who don't have a SO or child to love and who love them (I know that is not enough), and forge on. You are doing fine.

(KLD)

But the time is approaching when you WILL be able to take care of her on your own .. when she's a bit older.

I think you're amazing with the things you've done!

Yeah, I KNOW (in my head) that I am doing fine and that Jose and Violet love me. It's just an unrational feeling I guess, it really gets me down.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon