Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need advice concerning what to say regarding cure to children of a friend with spinal cord injury

I don't know Wise, my three boys would be out the door after third paragraph. Or politly I hope said, never mind lets go fishing.

A bit long and complicated. 2 cents

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
    Gandolf the Gray

Leo, you know, that was what my kids use to do with me. They tell me that I explain more than they want to know. I don't think that my students dare tell that to me but I can tell when their eyes glaze over . It's that professorial gene. I will try again. Wise.

Wise, I can't emphasize how much it helped me understand the functioning of the spinal cord when you explained that humans are structured like dogs or other 4-legged creatures, with the anus being the "bottom" of the body. I was always confused why "walkers" still had B/B and sexual problems if they could walk. Well, duh ... makes perfect sense now.

Since both my children fall into that grade level, perhaps I tend to think at that level now. Proof that parenting does indeed cause brain damage.

Good luck.