Thread: iGlide being discontinued?

iGlide being discontinued?

Is this true or a rumor only?

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Yes, it's true. The last time that I was in Denver at Craig, I tried one out for the day. Ever since then they've been trying to get me to buy one. The rep called this afternoon and told me that they were being discontinued and that there would be zero IGlide chairs delivered after December 31, 2004.

"If you want to live like a Republican, vote for the Democrats." ~Harry Truman

They're probably being discontinued because nobody's buying them. Nobody's buying them because they cost too much.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Oh holy hell!

No wonder! It can't fit with
    any type of easy lock for driving.

Well, guess I have a piece of wheelchair
    history.

J.

Well, they didn't last long did they!

I kept on thinking... Should I?... Shouldn't I?

well I'm glad I didn't!

It's a shame they were so expensive, that was the only negative factor about them for me.

Oh well.

Simon
    C5/6

Disabled Living & Spinal Cord Injuries
    http://www.apparelyzed.com/forums

You still may want to consider the e-Motion wheels, which are still on the market and will fit virtually any manual wheelchair.

(KLD)

Yes I got a letter from Independence that said that the IGlide will be discontinued so that the company can focus on their iBot mobility system. I can't imagine having to come up with the $30,000 they want for the iBot. I can't imagine them doing that since the IGlide is hard enough to come up with the funds for.

I received my Iglide in August and it has absolutely changed my life. It has given me back a lot of independence that I used to have twenty years ago when my shoulders were young, healthy and strong. I recommend that if you are/were considering one find a way to get one before you can't. They are absolutely amazing!!

Later

ND Wheeler
    C7 Para 21 years post.

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse:

You still may want to consider the http://www.frankmobility.com/, which are still on the market and will fit virtually any manual wheelchair.

(KLD)
    Yeah I called them to see how much they cost and its a whopping $6900! I couldnt believe it. May as well just buy the iGlide.

I better buy another battery....

It is true!
    What do you think abou that. They have the patent plan to"sit on it". How irresponsible. No one else will be able to build it. How can the technology be there and it not be used. The Iglide has changed lives.

Mike Smith