Thread: Our Marine

Our Marine

Good news and bad news....
    Good news... Our son makes Sergeant next week, he is only 21 years old and has been a marine for 2 years.
    Bad news... he soon leaves back to Iraq for the 2nd time there!!!!

Becky I know you are proud and worried all at the same time! Your son is so young to have already accomplished so much! He must be quite a young man! I will keep you all in my heart and pray for his safe return!

Carol

You're right Becky, it's a mixed bag. Blessings and peace on you and your son.

thanks Martha and Carol for the prayers. All of our troops need them.

I will keep your son in my thoughts and prayers along with my niece and all the other troops in Iraq.

My hubby has a long tradition of Marine's in his family. I think the count is now up to 23. They have served our country from Korea & WW2 to a niece now in Iraq and a nephew going soon.

Thanks Laura. I will add your family members to my thoughts and prayers.
    Anyone else have family members in the service?

Hi Becky, thats tough your son going back for a second time. My sister is an officer in the Royal Australian Air Force and she has been to Iraq twice too, the first time was back in 1997 and now last year. Her fiancee, a navigator, came back in March this year as well. Neither of them want to go back, and if my sister was asked to go back i think she would probably leave, she hated it over there. But...she is 37 and has about 18 years in the military, that kind of lifestyle is no longer enjoyable for her.

How long did your son go over there for the first time? I wish him well and hope for his safe return.