Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZR/ZRA Series 2 Order Forms Posted

TiLite ZR/ZRA Series 2 Order Forms Posted

TiLite has officially posted order forms for both the ZRA Series 2 and the ZR Series 2.

While there are undoubtedly other things on the order form which are not mentioned here, some of the highlights are...

New Options Available on all Series 2 Models

Special Edition Option Packages
    (No Substitutions Allowed)

- SuperLite Edition
    - Active Edition
    - Rugged Edition

Other New Options

- Carbon Fiber TiShaft Back Release Bar
    - TiLite Slipstream Single-Sided Fork

- New 1" wide, 5 Spoke Billet Aluminum Casters. (No 1.5" wide FrogLegs
    Aluminum Soft Roll option, but the 1.5W composite version is still offered
    and appears to be compatible with the new single sided fork)

- G10 Solid Seat

ZR-Specific Options

- Non-Folding, Fixed Height Titanium Back (No DU Required)
    - Titanium Fork Stems

SpinLife is advertising they are now accepting orders with expected delivery sometime in May.

COG adjustment looks the same as The Top End rossfires. Good looking chair. Good for them. Just got my Tr and really like it so far.

in your opinion the new"TiLite Slipstream Single-Sided Fork" are compatible with the zr series1?
    T5 ASIA A 09/11/2004

1st Italian physiotherapist on a wheelchair

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    TiLite has officially posted order forms for both the ZRA Series 2 and the ZR Series 2.

While there are undoubtedly other things on the order form which are not mentioned here, some of the highlights are...

New Options Available on all Series 2 Models

Special Edition Option Packages
    (No Substitutions Allowed)

- SuperLite Edition
    - Active Edition
    - Rugged Edition

Other New Options

- Carbon Fiber TiShaft Back Release Bar
    - TiLite Slipstream Single-Sided Fork

- New 1" wide, 5 Spoke Billet Aluminum Casters. (No 1.5" wide FrogLegs
    Aluminum Soft Roll option, but the 1.5W composite version is still offered
    and appears to be compatible with the new single sided fork)

- G10 Solid Seat

ZR-Specific Options

- Non-Folding, Fixed Height Titanium Back (No DU Required)
    - Titanium Fork Stems

SpinLife is advertising they are now accepting orders with expected delivery sometime in May.

I was surprised when i saw the option of the Titanium fork stem.

Do you remember when i was planning buy a ZR? we was speaking about replace the stem for a titanium bolt here, i was speaking about that with Mark too and he told me that i would lost my warranty if i replace it for a titanium bolt, so they solve the problem offering one, good detail

That chair with the option of a fixed backrest is the best chair with L frame in the world.
    They only have left two things to do for be perfect:
    1- offer an option of a welded COG, for give together with the welded backrest the most clean and rigidity frame as posible for guys who don`t need any adjustes.
    2- an option of titanium or aluminium bolts and nuts in all the hardware.

If i were to do the order now i will order one of this with a fixed low backrest, but i just order my Oracing but i think i will not regret.
    Perhaps the new TR series 2 will be ready when i change mine

I`m going to leave a comment here to see if Tilite guys do the same as the stem .

I know that you use Titanium GR9 (3AL 2.5V)is an alloy of titanium, aluminum and vanadium, among others.

I think Tilite need to do the lightest metal chair of the world, and for that your TR box frame is perfect for do it.
    So what about for do your next model of TR change your Titanium for a stronger alloy of Titanium, what about titanium GR5 (6AL 4V) i`m not really sure but it`s around 15%-20% stronger than yours, so you could reduce the size or tube wall without the chair get weaker.

So that is what i want for my next chair, a TR GR5 titanium with an option of a welded backrest and COG, and all the bolts and nuts of the chair in titanium too.

http://asm.matweb.com/search/Specifi...bassnum=MTA321 Ti GR9 3AL2.5V
    http://asm.matweb.com/search/Specifi...bassnum=MTP641 Ti GR5 6AL4V
    Last edited by totoL1; 04-17-2010 at 10:18 AM.

TiLite

Yesterday I received an email from TiLite in regards to their new ZR and ZRA 'chairs.

Ti

cool. i just got a new zr approved, i'll have to switch forms and get the new zr, only 100 difference.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

you guys might as well throw your $$$ down the drain.
    the ZRA is the worst wheelchair ever produced.
    I'd rather use NOTHING and crawl than ANY TILITE product.
    so flush that money down the drain...

Why the hating on TiLite?
    They seem to be the most popular wheelchair maker here.

Titanium stems...that takes care of one of the heaviest individual parts of a chair

Buy TiLite

Quote Originally Posted by kel13 View Post
    you guys might as well throw your $$$ down the drain.
    the ZRA is the worst wheelchair ever produced.
    I'd rather use NOTHING and crawl than ANY TILITE product.
    so flush that money down the drain...
    kel13 you haven't been around long enough to say ,"ZRA is the worst wheelchair ever produced." I've had a TiSport now TiLite for 10 years and I won't part with it. One of the worst 'chairs ever made was the Action Pro-T. I had blots always breaking leaving me sometimes stranded on three wheels!

Now for TiLite my first TiSport the frame #0236 cracked in the rear where the fold down bracket attaches to the 'chair. I don't play sports with my 'chair but how it broke was I lean back slightly to fold towels. I telephoned TiSport about it and their first question was, "Do you have a spare 'chair meanwhile we remake you a new one?" I replied, "Yes, I do." TiLite FedEXed a box out to me and had FedEx come pick it up. I had a new 'chair is less than two weeks. TiLite had a batch of titanium with some impurities in the titanium that weaken the metal. They were aware of the problem of the frame cracking in that area. This 'chair traveled to China three times without fail. It has taken a beating and it still keeps on rolling!

Right now TiLite is the leader in manual 'chairs and they now has the claim to make your 'chair in 10 days! I have a ZR with a fixed back and the 'chair is awesome! It did pass the $10,000.00 mark but I had and Otto Boch cushion and a JetStream back on it. The dealer United Seat and Mobility made money off the 'chair but my out of pocket was $0.

I've also had small parts that broke on my TR 'chair like those plastic parts for the folding back bracket an TiLite replaced them free of charge as with a broken rivulets on the seat pan (Not on the ZR).

TiLite also has a great staff of engineers and designers as well as the management. I have received several telephone calls from David Lippes president and CEO of TiLite. I've also suggest ideas to improve their 'chair.

My first 'chair post injury was a folding Quickie. That was a piece of crap as well. The dealer added two extra inches on it and it was huge in size and weight. Today 'chairs are made much lighter and fits like a tight leather glove.

The new generation line of TiLite ZR and ZRA are the state of the art 'chairs on this planet right now. Maybe you need to explain to the board and to TiLite what your problem is with your ZRA? I have read and heard only great responses about TiLite products. I wouldn't sit on anything else! I am sure TiLite would like to receive a letter from you about your 'chair.

Ti