Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: It's official ...

That is such good news Martha.

Did he make any new friends in summer school?
    Hope so..at least one good one.

Help is on the way.

Martha
    Tell him Congradulations!!!!!
    He needs alot of love.
    Doug

Congratulations, Martha. This is such a great news for your family. Continue what you are doing, and you will never have to worry about it again.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I'll show them to Ruslan later tonight. You should have seen his face when I told him the news. There was a special light in his eyes. Then he started jumping up and down "woo hoo-ing" and then hugged the dog.

Steve, it was definitely a proud mom moment. I didn't realize how stressed we'd all been about it until the relief came. He needed this ... bad. Guess we all did.

Think we're going to his/our favorite pizza restaurant, Deano's, but he's also mentioned Bennigans. Doesn't matter to me, it's his night.

~ "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." ~ Ambrose Redmoon

FOR RUSLAN .......... RIGHT ON GUY!!

FOR MOM ...... HIS SUCCESS IS YOUR SUCCESS!! ENJOY!

Obieone

Martha

Don't forget to change the blue frowney face to a smiley face in the subject page of this message...

Done Steve

Ruslan started school Monday--the 5th grade at the (*gasp*) MIDDLE school. The night before, as I was tucking him into bed, he started crying. He was scared of the bigger boys being mean to him. He also said he wasn't ready for (*gasp*) middle school (read that "new" school), and he was afraid his father and I were going to make him join something (). Poor little boy ... nothing I said seemed to help, but I promised him I'd stay at school with him as long as I was allowed to.

The next morning, you would have thought he was preparing himself for the firing squad. His breakfast was his last meal. When it was time to leave, he was devastated that I wasn't going to drive them to school ... we live TWO BLOCKS from the school!

However, once we met up with his father and we sat in the cafeteria together, he started recognizing all his friends and classmates from the elementary school. He actually started smiling! Then, he ended up with the hottest 5th grade teacher in the school.

After school, he came bursting into the house yelling, "I survived! I survived!" He loves his teacher, his classmates AND .... he decided to join band and play the trumpet! I almost fainted.

I don't know if it's because he's maturing some, or the experience of actually "failing" a grade, or his time at Sylvan ... but (so far) he's been much more organized and conscientious about his homework, supplies, etc.

Yesterday, he asked me to take him to see his teachers and principal at his old school. He took his binder to show them how organized it was (with no help from me). Last year his binder was a perpetual disaster, and I wasn't much of a help to him either during that time. Everyone made such a fuss over him, hugging and kissing. He had a big lipstick print on one cheek. One of his teachers and I started crying, we were all so happy and proud of him for working hard this summer. We knew he could do it.

So it feels like it's going to be a much better year. Mom is feeling better, so the kids are feeling better. It's amazing how we impact their lives like that.

Thanks again everyone for your support and encouragement. Ruslan appreciates it too.

~ "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." ~ Ambrose Redmoon

Uh -oh - trumpet, huh? Got some earplugs?

I played trumpet from 7th grade til high school and one year of college band. It was easy to learn and I had the time of my life in the marching band in high school. My daughter, unable to manage blowing an instrument with her asthma opted for percussion...I will be the one with the earplugs, but isn't it great how we get the privilege of seeing our kids grow and change and stretch and spread their wings? I am very excited for our young ones. Congrats to Ruslan..he has worked hard and taken responsibility...tell him for me that means that he is growing into a wonderful young man. Hip Hip Hurray!!!

Mary