Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: name for ur wheelchair?

My current chair is called, "Oh, come on..." and my gimpy right hand, which regularly fails to/is unable to properly grab the rim, goes by the name, "Would you please..!"

I'm getting measured for a new manual chair on my birthday in two weeks. (I really need my first power chair, but that will have to wait for our move back to the mainland where I can also get a van to transport me and the chair). I'm so eager to get this new chair that I already have its name picked out: "Woo Hoo!"
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

my car is named Speedy..because it sounds like it has power...but it really does not.

My chair has a lot of names...depending upon the mood I am in. Most of the time it is called Beast...because no matter how many times I bounce it off the concrete while transferring...it does not seem to be harmed.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I call mine Chloe, I took it from 24. It a pain but always there for me! LOL

Chair Names

Sparky is my power chair and Manuel is my manual chair, and he is here legally, fully documented. My colostomy is Ambrose.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

I never have really named my chairs, but I suppose if there is anything I have addressed specifically to the chair it would be the phrase "you've got to be kidding me!" Usually happens when I am hopelessly ensared in a vacumn cleaner cord, held captive by a cat toy on the floor, or when I think it will be capable of a smallish curb only to bounce back, but not over, the obstacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I never have really named my chairs, but I suppose if there is anything I have addressed specifically to the chair it would be the phrase "you've got to be kidding me!" Usually happens when I am hopelessly ensared in a vacumn cleaner cord, held captive by a cat toy on the floor, or when I think it will be capable of a smallish curb only to bounce back, but not over, the obstacle.
    My phrase is "Good Grief!!!" I never used that expression until SCI became part of our life.

MY phrase has a few swear words in it. 'F...ing bastard' 'you sh..' etc.

I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    zomg! i sprouted a penis and didnt know it??? maybe that's what they call the mitrofanoff surgery these days eh? :P (my stoma is named BOB. seemed appropriate for a nonexistant penis + it's a palindrome)

so glad to hear everyone's responses
    Careful, LuLu!! A quad once told me her vibrator was named BOB.

ßoß