A Surprising Solution to Severe Morning Sickness

By Erin Hildebrandt
Source: Mothering Magazine

Like many young women's, my indulgence in recreational drugs, including alcohol and caffeine, came to an abrupt halt when my husband and I discovered we were pregnant with our first child.

To say we were ecstatic is an understatement. Doctors had told me we might never conceive, yet here we were, expecting our first miracle. I closely followed my doctor's recommendations. When I began to experience severe morning sickness, I went to him for help. He ran all the standard tests, then sent me home with the first of many prescription medicines.

Weeks passed, and as the nausea and vomiting increased, I began to lose weight.

I was diagnosed as having hyperemesis gravidarum, a severe and constant form of morning sickness.

I started researching the condition, desperately searching for a solution.

I tried wristbands, herbs, yoga, pharmaceuticals, meditation everything I could think of. Ultimately, after losing 20 pounds in middle pregnancy and being hospitalized repeatedly for dehydration and migraines, I developed preeclampsia and was told an emergency cesarean was necessary.

My dreams of a normal birth were shattered, but our baby boy, though weighing only 4 pounds, 14 ounces and jaundiced from the perinatal medications I'd been given, was relatively healthy.

When, six months later, I again found myself pregnant, I was even more determined to have a healthy and enjoyable pregnancy, and sought out the care of the best perinatologist in the area. At first, I was impressed. This doctor assured me that he had all the answers and that, under his expert care, my baby and I would never experience a moment of discomfort. However, as my belly swelled, I grew more and more ill, and my faith in my dream doctor began to falter. What convinced me to change healthcare providers midstream was this doctor's honesty.

He admitted that, due to constraints imposed on him by his malpractice-insurance company, I would have to undergo some routine procedures that he knew to be harmful.
Rest of Article:
http://www.cannabisnews.com/news/thread18818.shtml