Thread: The latest stem cell therapy available

The latest stem cell therapy available

By Shari Jo Sorchych | April 14, 2010
    The controversy over embryonic stem cell research may come to an abrupt end along with the need for the research.

What if regenerative stem cell treatment didn’t involve an embryo (fetus if you prefer the term) and therefore none of the ethical or moral issues surrounding use of embryonic stem cells?

What if we didn’t have to settle for using our own body’s harvested stem cells that are already as old as we are? They’ve gone through age changes, radiation, genome transpositions and replications. These stem cells carry heavy metals and all the viruses, colds, skin rashes, etc. we’ve ever had. Do you want these old stem cells or do you want fresh unimpaired stem cells?

Dr. James C. Jenson a board certified radiologist and stem cell pioneer spent time with Sonoran News explaining the latest stem cell therapy available.

“We’ve known for a long time that stem cells are Mother Nature’s repair mechanism.” states Dr. Jensen. “Everybody has them but as you get older you don’t have enough of them and they can be lazy or ineffective.”

According to Jensen, “On the baby/fetal side the stem cells have become a person and they are immunologically identifiable. There are reactive antigens on the cell membrane so they do cause reactions – embryonic stem cells are not the best choice.”

“Umbilical cord stem cells (which are referred to as adult stem cells) are the best medical choice,” Jensen explains, “The afterbirth is normally thrown away. The reason I use umbilical stem cells – I think they are medically better. They don’t have cell membrane antigens. This is the most important thing – the antigens on the stem cells are immature. They don’t function completely so you don’t get allergic reactions. They’re young, tightly wound DNA and have no age problems. The umbilical stem cells are alive. No other approved treatment I know of involves living cells.”

read...

http://www.sonorannews.com/archives/...-stemcell.html

Quote Originally Posted by manouli View Post

By Shari Jo Sorchych | April 14, 2010
    The controversy over embryonic stem cell research may come to an abrupt end along with the need for the research.

What if regenerative stem cell treatment didn’t involve an embryo (fetus if you prefer the term) and therefore none of the ethical or moral issues surrounding use of embryonic stem cells?

What if we didn’t have to settle for using our own body’s harvested stem cells that are already as old as we are? They’ve gone through age changes, radiation, genome transpositions and replications. These stem cells carry heavy metals and all the viruses, colds, skin rashes, etc. we’ve ever had. Do you want these old stem cells or do you want fresh unimpaired stem cells?

Dr. James C. Jenson a board certified radiologist and stem cell pioneer spent time with Sonoran News explaining the latest stem cell therapy available.

“We’ve known for a long time that stem cells are Mother Nature’s repair mechanism.” states Dr. Jensen. “Everybody has them but as you get older you don’t have enough of them and they can be lazy or ineffective.”

According to Jensen, “On the baby/fetal side the stem cells have become a person and they are immunologically identifiable. There are reactive antigens on the cell membrane so they do cause reactions – embryonic stem cells are not the best choice.”

“Umbilical cord stem cells (which are referred to as adult stem cells) are the best medical choice,” Jensen explains, “The afterbirth is normally thrown away. The reason I use umbilical stem cells – I think they are medically better. They don’t have cell membrane antigens. This is the most important thing – the antigens on the stem cells are immature. They don’t function completely so you don’t get allergic reactions. They’re young, tightly wound DNA and have no age problems. The umbilical stem cells are alive. No other approved treatment I know of involves living cells.”

read...

http://www.sonorannews.com/archives/...-stemcell.html
    Manouli,

I have been working with umbilical cord blood stem cells over the past five years. If this article is suggesting that it would be easy to get funding to take such cells into clinical trials, it is wrong. It is just as hard to get funding from NIH for umbilical cord blood research as it is to get funds for embryonic stem cell research. Has anybody ever tried raising $32 million for a clinical trial?

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    I have been working with umbilical cord blood stem cells over the past five years.
    Wise, do you have to patent your research as you go? Geron holds
    patents related to their research. Have you ever wondered what
    your therapy might be worth if it works?