Thread: Tutoring

Tutoring

Anybody else doing this? The going rate around here is $10/hour and there is a very great demand. The only qualifications are an interest in kids and the ability to stay a chapter or so ahead of where the student is.

The school provides me with copies of the textbooks and the students come to my house. I get more from it than they do since I find interacting with young folks keeps my outlook on life fresh and upbeat. It's nearing the last months of the school year and many kids are scrambling to pass or change that B into an A before time runs out.

I've been doing this for many years and really enjoy it. I don't charge anything since I'm retired and don't need the extra income, but it could be a nice income supplement for many.
    "Some complain that there are thorns among the roses, but I am delighted to find an occasional rose among the thorns."

i tutored when i was in high school. i charged 15/hr. i emphasized to parents that yes i was there to help with homework but more to teach them how to think critically to get the answers on their own + teach study strategies. it was ok. some were brats but others were great. i'm glad u enjoy it! mind if i hit u up for some orgo help?
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

LOL, Cryptic. My organic chem knowledge is a bit rusty when it comes to the fine details, but I dd teach a beginning unit on it in AP chem. Glad to help as much as I can.
    "Some complain that there are thorns among the roses, but I am delighted to find an occasional rose among the thorns."