Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I got attacked while handcycling yesterday

Wow this is craziness! I was attacked by a rooster once but nothing like this! I Hate birds!

Maybe its goose mating season and the bird found you attractive
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    When you are attacked by these beasts, you do not ask to see an I D. lol
    call homeland security
    cauda equina

If it was me, I'd cook the goose...
    Living the Dream, C6/C7 incomplete.

Ok, so I filmed last nights encounter.....not the dramatic attack of the day before, but at least you guys get some idea of the predator I am up against......

OMG, LOL, I am so sorry, dont mean to laugh at your incident, but here I thought it was a human attacking you, only to find its a goose. LOL, this made my day. Keep us posted on the Mark vs. the goose saga, I love it.

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Perhaps its nest is nearby. I know where I worked in Illinois there were a ton of geese...and for the most part they left you alone. However, when it was time to create nests and hatch eggs, they would attack anyone they perceived coming too close to their nest. One guy had a fight with a goose...briefcase versus goose. I had one attack my car. They get very protective!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

i hate geese, in my area they have stopped migrating about 20 years ago or longer,became year round settlers, reproducing like crazy and crowding out native birds.

They fowl the water and the grass with their droppings. i know quite a few lakeside areas, which were favorite picnic /recreation spots that are now unusable due to the concentration of geese droppings. you need a disposible dropcloth to sit or laydown, the grassy area is covered in geese shit. The flies that appear due to the geese shit, preclude the use totally, even with a dropcloth.
    many lakes where i have swam and paddled for many years, the water is contaminated with due to the geese droppings. We use to drip this water straight out of the lake until about 7 years ago. the lake alllows no gas powered appartus,such as boats or jet skiis, and is stream fed from unihabited foreat.park areas.apartgeese have destroyed the lake with their crap.
    they are very nasty, you are going cy a nest and that is why they are attacking you, i have a couple areas where i ran into the threatening behavior. luckily no where near the attacks you sustained.
    in quite a few areas the municipalities finally woke up and took action, either hired border collies and their owners or bought a trained border collie, geese chasing border collies are very expensive.
    However the geese have killed quite a few of the border collies, they have learned to lure the the dog out a good distance from shore ,and then they circle and attack in in force, and drown it.
    one thing i noticed in new york city, in all the grassy areas i could lay down without worry of geese droppings. the whole west side of Manhattan is grassy parkland with a bike path along the the water.
    the only think i could surmise is the concentration of people using the grassy areas constantly and the concentrations of dogs in nyc , keep the geese away from these prime dog walking areas.
    no love for geese here.
    cauda equina

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    Ok, so I filmed last nights encounter.....not the dramatic attack of the day before, but at least you guys get some idea of the predator I am up against......
    I am on the gooses side now. You are taunting it. I hope you get an ear nipped when it goes airborne. rofl
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    I am on the gooses side now. You are taunting it. I hope you get an ear nipped when it goes airborne. rofl

lol, I taunted it with tasty bread.....