Thread: I fell in love Friday night

I fell in love Friday night

My beautiful daughter, Tatiana, turned 15 on Friday. In spite of all the pain we've been through together, and all the suffering she endured before we adopted her, she is the joy of my life. So sweet, so kind, so affectionate ... but as often is the case as her mother I've allowed moods, circumstances, conflicts to blind me to what's really important in my life.

Friday night my parents and I took her to Romano's Macaroni Grill (her request) to celebrate. She wanted to go there because, when it's your birthday, a waiter/waitress with an opera quality voice will sing "Happy Birthday" to you in Italian. The whole restaurant gets quiet, and all you hear is this beautiful voice floating across the room. It's spellbinding.

When Tatiana's big moment came, I was sitting next to her in the candlelight. As the waitress sang, I couldn't take my eyes off this beautiful young woman who is my daughter. Only another mother/parent can understand the kind of love that overflowed in my heart. I am so proud of her. I feel like the luckiest mother in the world.

Hi Martha,

Moments like that make life truly wonderful. I'm glad for you and totally understand. My own beautiful daughters, Lauren and Megan, turned 16 and 14, respectively, in March.

Sue

Oh no, I am the luckiest mother in the world . I am so proud ,too. My beautiful daugher, 18 years old are the nicest, most pretty girl in the world.

Ok, I take it back, she is the most nice and beautiful daughter in Norway.

I know that feeling, it makes me feel to cry. You look at them and do not understand how you have made to make them the most wonderful creature.

I washed 9 towels that I found on the floor of my daughter's bathroom...I love her very much too!!!!!!!!

Even in those moments we are truly blessed!

Mary

If I can see it, then I can do it. If I believe it, there's nothing to it.

Originally posted by 1FINERN:

I washed 9 towels that I found on the floor of my daughter's bathroom...I love her very much too!!!!!!!!

Even in those moments we are truly blessed!

Mary

If I can see it, then I can do it. If I believe it, there's nothing to it.
    I can't even come inside of the room of my daughter The floor is full of clothes, towels, books, dirty plates, bottles and so on.

I just close the door and pretend it is not my area

Big fat yayyy for marco and tatiana!!!

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

Excuse me, alert, alert, alert!

I am the luckiest mom in the world. Yep. Sorry, but I just am. On Emily's 16th birthday (4/15) her dad and I pretended we were taking her to dinner. A night with the parental units, oy. But because she's such a great, get-along kid, she made like it was just fine.

When we got to the restaurant and she found her 3 best friends there with tickets to a chick movie, she was so happy! Later I said, "C'mon. You didn't really think you were going to spend your 16th birthday with your parents, did you?"

She smiled. "It would've been okay, Mom."

Yep. Luckiest momma in the world. Me.

Yesterday I was the luckiest mama. My daugher is finishing the gymnasium (highschool) this spring and they are having a three weeks party to celebrate. Yes, everybody is partying and drinking for 3 whole weeks. Here you are allowed to drink beer and wine from 18. It is aweful for the parents but it is a tradition. I did it too, and so did my parents.

Yesterday was the first day. She went to the party, she was drinking and somebody put a drug in her beer. She, lucky me and her, manage to call her boyfriend and he picked her up and took her home. I am so happy, she could have been raped or killed or whatever.

So today I am the luckiest mother

And she has learn an importent thing. Take good care of your glass and don't let it anywhere you can't see it. And do not drink anything somebody else offers you.

Thanks everyone for sharing too. It's easy to get caught up in the negative side of it all, but when the good stuff happens, it's awesome. We're all lucky to be mothers.

WFE, I agree, after what almost happened to your daughter, I'll let you be the luckiest mom ... for a little while.

I have to thank all of you for this subject. I have been getting very stressed out from my 4 yr old twin boys. I needed something to make me stop and realize how very lucky I am!!! They drive me nuts, but I wouldn't trade them for the world!! If it weren't for them I wouldn't laugh or smile nearly as much as I do now!!

Happy Late Mother's Day to all of You!!