Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teenagers

Gee, I am not a teen, nor the parent of a teen but am wondering if I could join in once in a while. My son's wife is just out of her teens and he is 24.

As to Steven joining in... He might bring a new view to what teens feel like growing up during these times. IMO

Martha, how about a PT also where our kids could also vent about their frustrations or what might be troubling them having to deal with life and a dis parent. I am sure they could also use it and speak more freely too. I know they love us but life must be hard for them to cope with all the pressures of the times plus coping with the pain of seeing their parent(s) going through sci.

This is just a suggestion. I would love to have my son and some others here find some type of support from each other and also being able to speak freely about their feelings in private w/o feeling inhibited about who reads thier posts.

Raven

Raven, you are certainly welcome, especially since you've SURVIVED the teens! You'll be an inspiration to the rest of us. Your idea for the kids to have a PT sounds good to me. We haven't had a lot of "kid" traffic lately, but it might encourage them to be more expessive if they know we're not going to see it. I'd like to let Betheny or Emi delegate that one.

Steven, I agree with Raven. Think about it.

"The Other"! ROFL!

Okay, Steven can join, sigh. I can warn y'all right now though...1)He will tell us we sound like moms and 2)he cringes when people say y'all. So Steven, are you on board?

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000

Originally posted by Betheny:

he cringes when people say y'all.
    LOL. Steven must have done that when I post. I use the term somehow at times being that I am a Texan too. Please bear with me Steven and I will do my best not to use it much. Maybe I will use some of my spanish in place of it. What do think, joven Estevan?

Thanks for letting me join, Martha. As to surviving, we just love our kids so much (being a mom here) that we hang on for dear life for the sake of our kids. I have at times wondered why we didn't get a little book of instructions when they were born telling us how to raise them at different stages of their lives. Anyway, this is what I have told my kids, "Sorry if I made any mistakes or hurt you in the process of raising you, I never got a book of instructions, I just did the best I could while loving you too".

Raven

FYI: I'll be starting the new PT tomorrow morning, unless of course the Easter Bunny oversleeps. If you'd like to be included, please let me know now. Thanks.

Originally posted by martha2:

FYI: I'll be starting the new PT tomorrow morning, unless of course the Easter Bunny oversleeps. If you'd like to be included, please let me know now. Thanks.
    I want to be

Yes please!! Happy Easter everyone!!

Originally posted by Betheny:

Okay, Steven can join, sigh. I can warn y'all right now though...1)He will tell us we sound like moms and 2)he cringes when people say y'all. So Steven, are you on board?

Tal vez, maybe not... I fear that the moms wouldn't be as open if I am included, so I'll stay out.

Besides, the y'*ll's would kill me.

-Steven
    "Sometimes, its enough to plant the seed, walk away, and let the flower grow on its own."

Steven, thanks for your sensitivity. You'd be welcome, but probably bored and weary after the first post or two.

Raven, Mary, Obie and WFE, you're already on my list. Kate, I was thinking about adding Bruce. What do you think? A father's input would be nice, plus I know from personal experience that he'll call a spade a spade when necessary.

Wise, can we invite you too? You're a teen survivor, a dad, and, uh, I don't know ... you might have something worthwhile to contribute.

I would like to be invited to a PT also. My step kids are 21 and 22, I have known them since they were 6 and 7. My boys with my husband are 4, 6 and 8. I am new to this site, but it is very informative.
    Thanks,
    Christina