Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to be a Great Auntie!

I'm going to be a Great Auntie!

Yes, a GREAT aunt at age 37! My nephew and his common-law wife are pregnant!

This is my sister's son - she'll be 50 this year. They've been together for something like 8 or 9yrs and I've been bugging them for the past 3 .. lol. He owns his own tow truck business and is apprenticing to be a mechanic. She works in a dental office as an assistant. They're both 24yrs old.

The funny part is we were sitting in a coffee shop three weeks ago and I mentioned it again and was told, "Aunt Jenny it's going to be a loooong time before that happens!" LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE ... APPARENTLY! lol

I'm so excited for them - and the rest of us! There hasn't been any young children in our family for the past 10yrs. It's so great to hear good news and it couldn't happen to a nicer couple!

(Felt a slight pang of hurt that this part of life has passed me by ... but it was over in a few seconds because I'm so very happy for them). I already have names picked out ... too bad the baby's not mine to name! LOL

Thomas is my father's first name. It's also my brother's first name (though they both go by their middle names). My sister married a Thomas although he goes by his middle name too. She also named her son - the expectant father - a Thomas but he goes by his middle name as well. Our mother was dying for Jane to name her first son Samuel but she refused opting for Gregory ... so obviously *he* has to be a Thomas Samuel! lol Or Sarah. Always partial to the name Sarah, plus it was my grandmother's name.

When I first met David, I thought he was a freak (should have went with my first instincts) and I had given him a fake name by telling him I was a Sarah. lol

Yay!

P.S. I'm also reminded I could have had a 7yr old by May if I'd carried through. I'm assuming it's normal for miscarriages to bother people more as time goes on ...
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I wanted my g-daughter named Jamie. Nobody listens to meeeeeeee!

Congrats, it's great to see you so thrilled Jenn!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post

This is my sister's son - she'll be 50 this year. They've been together for something like 8 or 9yrs and I've been bugging them for the past 3 .. lol. He owns his own tow truck business and is apprenticing to be a mechanic. She works in a dental office as an assistant. They're both 24yrs old.

The funny part is we were sitting in a coffee shop three weeks ago and I mentioned it again and was told, "Aunt Jenny it's going to be a loooong time before that happens!" LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE ... APPARENTLY! lol

I'm so excited for them - and the rest of us! There hasn't been any young children in our family for the past 10yrs. It's so great to hear good news and it couldn't happen to a nicer couple!

(Felt a slight pang of hurt that this part of life has passed me by ... but it was over in a few seconds because I'm so very happy for them). I already have names picked out ... too bad the baby's not mine to name! LOL

Thomas is my father's first name. It's also my brother's first name (though they both go by their middle names). My sister married a Thomas although he goes by his middle name too. She also named her son - the expectant father - a Thomas but he goes by his middle name as well. Our mother was dying for Jane to name her first son Samuel but she refused opting for Gregory ... so obviously *he* has to be a Thomas Samuel! lol Or Sarah. Always partial to the name Sarah, plus it was my grandmother's name.

When I first met David, I thought he was a freak (should have went with my first instincts) and I had given him a fake name by telling him I was a Sarah. lol

Yay!

P.S. I'm also reminded I could have had a 7yr old by May if I'd carried through. I'm assuming it's normal for miscarriages to bother people more as time goes on ...
    and I'm sure you're going to be a great auntie, and spoil the child really really good, i love being a great uncle!
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

So cool I just became a great aunt in Dec, my 25 yr old nephew had a son and just like you we hadn't had any babies in about 8 yrs running around. Already, me, my brother and sister are spoiling the baby - I don't think he's worn the same outfit twice. The best part is seeing my nephew love and care for his lil son, my sister said she knew he would be a great father because when he stayed with her in dallas, he always had so much patience with her kids (his cousins). This is great new Lynnifer - have fun

Congrats Auntie!!!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

How grand! I've been a great-grandma for about a year and half now. It was super to have a wee one in the family again. And this kid is a hoot! I've never seen a happier baby.

They came by to see me this week. I love seeing him and he knows grandma always has a couple of Hershey kisses hidden for him. lol

Congrats!!!!
    Shannon
    C6/7 incomplete
    20 yrs post sci

"falling is easy it's getting back up that becomes the problem, becomes the problem" Staind
    "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of.:" :-)
    - Burt Bacharach

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post

Yay!

Tell those youngsters to name their baby after it's Great Aunt, the name will work for a boy or a girl - NUTSO!!

I saw a TV commercial this morning for Gorilla Trades starring your favorite MONKEE and immediately I thought of that web-page you created for Davy Jones. You were about your nephew's age (maybe 1 or 2 years older).

Bob

Mazel tov Jenn ..... there is nothing like a new babe to change everyone's world !!

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Happy news Jenn! congrats
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.