Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trench drain for roll in shower

The attached PDF file exhibits some helpful installation information associated with trench drains.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    The attached PDF file exhibits some helpful installation information associated with trench drains.
    Wish we had this info when we started designing our new bathroom. Because of the radiant heat throughout the condo we would have immediately known a trench wouldn't have worked if a drain over 4" deep is needed and saved a ton on that one piece composite marble base. Then I would have had the waterproof membrane extended all over the floor and at the toilet base not just in the immediate shower and bath areas. That just makes sense to me and well worth the money whether you go with the trench or a regular drain.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

This thread has been so helpful! We are in the middle of doing our bathroom right now, it is half demo'd and rough plumbed....will post photo's when its done!
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.