Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: This pain HAS to stop NOW! :(

Seems like the referral to a shrink is almost a rite of passage. I've been there twice now -- the first time for the SC tumor that was "all in my head" and later by a pain doc because I was depressed (forunately the shrinks understood I was depressed because I was in pain). What we have to go through is ridiculous.

Anyway, Becky, I just wanted to remind you I'm thinking of you and pulling for you. I really wish I was independently wealthy -- I'd fly you down to visit my doc in Puerto Rico.

Let us know how you are when you're able. We worry.

(About you too, Ket Kit.)
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    Seems like the referral to a shrink is almost a rite of passage. I've been there twice now -- the first time for the SC tumor that was "all in my head" and later by a pain doc because I was depressed (forunately the shrinks understood I was depressed because I was in pain). What we have to go through is ridiculous.

Anyway, Becky, I just wanted to remind you I'm thinking of you and pulling for you. I really wish I was independently wealthy -- I'd fly you down to visit my doc in Puerto Rico.

Let us know how you are when you're able. We worry.

(About you too, Ket Kit.)
    So true, I was sent to a shrink too. They wanted to focus all on the past and did not even touch on what was bothering me right now!!! I got upset of course, i should know better working in the field but you get so damn frustrated.!!

When i find out what is wrong with me once and for all i want to take the diagnosis to every quack doctor i have been to and shove that paper up their ass rolled in sand paper! Then lecture them on believing in their patients.
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Ahhh yes, the shrink visits. I see one of them anyway for my bipolar. I think that may also hinder me getting the treatment that I need . I know thats not right. I know it shouldn't happen but it does, and is. So again I ask, why am I do all of this? Putting myself through torture time and again with doc after doc just to be looked at the same way? Oh she's not in pain, she's just in the depressive cycle of her bipolar. Then I of course attempt to explain to them that if I was in a bipolar cycle things would be much worse. I just don't know...

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

“If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Q View Post
    Awww!!! Thanks Suzie..... I really do need a hug!

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Q
    When i find out what is wrong with me once and for all i want to take the diagnosis to every quack doctor i have been to and shove that paper up their ass rolled in sand paper! Then lecture them on believing in their patients.
    ~lmao~ I know that feeling well! My father forced me to go to a shrink for a majority of the two plus years my SC tumor went diagnosed (age 12-14). This guy was a quack -- when I told him I didn't want to have kids, he told me "I owed it to my body to experience pregnancy and child birth" was but one of the little gems I was subjected to as a treated me for anorexia I didn't have.

When the tumor was finally found, I called him and gave him an earful, and for a few years I sent him a note saying "You're Still WRONG!" on the anniversary of my first tumor surgery. Proving him to be an ass was one of the very few satisfying parts of finding out I had a type of cancer with a very low survival rate.

When you're finally diagnosed, SQ, all the sand you need to thoroughly chafe every one of their asses is on me. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons
    Ahhh yes, the shrink visits. I see one of them anyway for my bipolar. I think that may also hinder me getting the treatment that I need .
    Not to further discourage you, Becks, but that was my first thought when I saw in the meds thread that you were on meds for bipolar. As soon as some (lazy ass, ignorant) health care professionals see certain kinds of conditions in your history, they attribute *everything* to that condition and stop looking for the real answers.

Bipolar and other MH conditions are primary targets for that kind of cop-out. I've experienced that, too -- once some docs see hx of cervicothoracic astrocytoma, they decide that's behind everything that's wrong with me and stop looking.

It can make you feel like giving up. But I try to make myself look at it objectively: if I keep trying to get help, there's a chance that I will find something (and someone) that helps ease my pain. But if I give up, there's zero chance for ever feeling even a little better ever again.

And since I'm a contrary little snot at times, giving up makes me feel like I let the bastards win. I think Suzie Q is much the same -- in addition to wanting answers for herself, part of what keeps her going to doc after doc is her dream of giving everyone who failed to help her a sandpaper enema with her proof that they were dead wrong.

Don't let the bastard docs and the fucked up system defeat you, Becky. You have an army of supporters standing with you -- you're way too special to us to stop fighting.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Not to further discourage you, Becks, but that was my first thought when I saw in the meds thread that you were on meds for bipolar. As soon as some (lazy ass, ignorant) health care professionals see certain kinds of conditions in your history, they attribute *everything* to that condition and stop looking for the real answers.
    I don't know what to think about this .... I know its true but I wish so hard it wasn't .

[/QUOTE]Don't let the bastard docs and the fucked up system defeat you, Becky. You have an army of supporters standing with you -- you're way too special to us to stop fighting.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to stop fighting to figure it out but I am fighting a loosing battle!!!

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Just as we're discussing our referrals to shrinks, the promoindex.com Diagnosis of the Week for April 24, 2010 is:

Somatization Disorder

Quote Originally Posted by Medline Plus
    Somatization disorder is a long-term (chronic) condition in which a person has physical symptoms that are caused by psychological problems, and no physical problem can be found.

The disorder is more common in people with irritable bowel syndrome and chronic pain. Physicians often dismiss patients with somatization disorder as having problems that are "all in their head."

~Julius Caesar

I had to laugh at the last past of this sentence from the site you cited:

Somatization disorder is also known as Briquet’s disorder or historically as hysteria.
    Gee! Thanks for grouping me in with Bellevue patients.

Just as we're discussing our referrals to shrinks, the promoindex.com Diagnosis of the Week for April 24, 2010 is:

Somatization Disorder
    Ummm is this supposed to make me feel better??

Becky
    since 1/3/04