Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: This pain HAS to stop NOW! :(

Update.....

Sorry, after reading your post again Noclue, I saw you are on ultram. I am not very familiar with this med, is it a narcotic med?

If so, then disregard my question about trying narcotic meds. Although, if it is a narcotic med, have you tried any of the other ones I mentioned?

More on pain, the details...

Becky! Man I feel for you deeply as I am an experienced pain man. I just posted this on an old forum but Iʻm posting it again because we are all in basically the same sinking boat, a boat with holes of pain.

MY PAIN: 24/7 when I sleep, of course I do not feel pain, but I wake up every 2 to 3 hours to pain jabbing my left abdomen left buttock and of course the all consuming burning pain.

My pain runs in the 4 to 8 zone 24/7. I use Fentynal Patch 75 24/7 - Ibuprofun 8 a day - Endocet 10/325 4 a day - Lyrica 50 mg 3 times a day - Diazepam 5mg 2 times a day - of course none of these really relieves me of pain. The pain now is causing long term headaches because of the tension through my body puts so much pressure on my body/mind. Now I am taking 2 aspirin a day just for the headaches.

So, ". weed is natureal and grows in the dirt."

I smoke marijuana and yes it helps but it DOES NOT relieve the pain. It relieves my mind, relaxes me to a point where I can sit through a movie at home and somewhat enjoy myself. It allows me to relax. I am unable to smoke all day long.

(I have a pipe on my night stand, and about 4 nights a week I wake up to the pain and have several tokes one Endocet one Diazepam and 4 Ibuprofen)

Su- E - side; doncha love the phonics of this word?

Si - E - Side "Medically assisted suicide (euthanasia, or the right to die) is currently a controversial ethical issue involving people who are terminally ill, in extreme pain..."

WHY should this be controversial? Who is against it? Are those that oppose it in EXTREME PAIN for more than 12 hours a day? In OREGON it is legal and this is where I will go. I am looking into the process of how it can take place.

Iʻve read some posts, not my posts; "Oh no, please donʻt think that way. Donʻt take your life I beg you!" "Think of your family and friends." Well in truth your family and friends are in no way able to pretend that you are doing fine. PAIN shows itself to anyone close to those with chronic pain.

Are these oppose-ers in EXTREME PAIN? If you are not, then shut your mouth, because you have NO IDEA of what it is like to gradually become somewhat of a hermit, unable to socialize or make new friends, enjoy fun activities, belly laugh, in short: Have good upbeat fun!

EXTREME PAIN - Who can live for over 10 to 20 years with EXTREME pain?

Who are you? What super powers do you possess? I have lived with this pain for over 22 years, have had several doctors cry and were unable to hide the tears from me during consultations. My family, my spouse all KNOW how I suffer. I do not talk about it often. I keep a lot of it to myself. The pain will only get worse for those who experience it. The pain will get worse so get proactive now!

DREZ: I am a good candidate for the DREZ surgery at Craig - I am in the process of getting the needed CAT scans and MRIʻs necessary before Doctor Falci will make the final approval. I NEED this surgery and will have it done, otherwise I will be looking at leaving my body voluntarily.

I am a paraplegic of 32 years - the mean and nasty pain for over 22 years -

Now today - having spilled hot tea down my shoe 6 days ago, burning my foot - a Deep Second Degree burn - there is a maybe 20% chance that a skin graft can be done - otherwise it is amputation. This is two different doctors opinions.
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    tason - seroquel is an antipsychotic med. Did you have a diagnosis of a mental illness prior to your injury? I am glad it helps you sleep though. I read through the side effects of seroquel and it doesn't seem like the first line med for insomnia.

I was also given seroquel while at The Shepherd Center. First benadryl, which I thought was crazy, then ambien, which did nothing and my roommate there told me her Doc had her on seroquel and she always slept good. I requested it from my doc and once I got it, it was like heaven. A full night of sound sleep. Although it is an anti-depressant, one of it's side effects is drowsiness, so the docs at Shepherd's prescribes it in lower doses for insomnia.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffie View Post
    I was also given seroquel while at The Shepherd Center. First benadryl, which I thought was crazy, then ambien, which did nothing and my roommate there told me her Doc had her on seroquel and she always slept good. I requested it from my doc and once I got it, it was like heaven. A full night of sound sleep. Although it is an anti-depressant, one of it's side effects is drowsiness, so the docs at Shepherd's prescribes it in lower doses for insomnia.
    Adding to your testimony, Seroquel is used more often than we think despite its classification as an anti-psychotic. I've never tried it, but know people who've used it.

Gary,

Thanks for posting. You are in Hawaii. I may be wrong, but aren't you more likely to get away with Marijuana there than in Oregon.

If it is not too personal, which island are you on?

Aloha

P.S. You said you were "reposting". Does that mean you already had the DREZ. Did it help?

i loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by dejerine View Post
    Gary,

Thanks for posting. You are in Hawaii. I may be wrong, but aren't you more likely to get away with Marijuana there than in Oregon.

If it is not too personal, which island are you on?

Aloha

P.S. You said you were "reposting". Does that mean you already had the DREZ. Did it help?
    The DREZ is on hold while the severe burn on my foot is being dealt with. I have a VAC Pump attached to the wound 24/7 and this restricts my mobility. I will need a skin graft at some point. I am getting the DREZ though, this is for sure. The pain just gets worse even with the increase of the Fentynal 75 mpg and Lyrica to 225mg a day a low dose yes but it is being increased slowly.

Oregon is pretty loose in marijuana use/laws as it is in Hawaii, California has the medical marijuana law and yes you can acquire it fairly easy if you have a pain doc. But smoking it does not get rid of the pain, it just makes it bearable.
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

First of all
    Wow
    Everyone here in pain I wish I could make you all feel better
    I know first hand that pain sucks SCI pain is something of a mystery imop

Many of you were mentioning a medicine named Seroquel

Imop it is a great medicine to help me at times have a good nights rest

It is prescribed for many ailments Ive used it for years and think it is top notch .

Ok Getting bck to the topic
    I forget the amount of things , organisms and other sporus life forms that suck and Pain Definitely Sucks Still Pain just sucks

and the beat goes on Da Da Da di Da
    The Beat goes on ( That's just my heartbeat ) As I sit in Pain
    No use in me complaining life is a pain in the A--