Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: This pain HAS to stop NOW! :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy This pain HAS to stop NOW! :(

Pain = THE WORST POSSIBLE EXPERIENCE ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET!!!

How sad is it when you don't even care about a cure for the SCI, you just want/desperately need/are begging for a cure for the pain?

I cry myself to sleep every night only to wake up a few minutes later screaming in agony. Then of course I'm up but can't do anything to distract myself because the pain is so terrible. I am at the edge of sanity. Sometimes I think I have already lost my mind...

Sorry for the rant.... I just am so F-ing tired of all of this....

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Becky, I am so so sorry you are experiencing such horrific pain. No one at any age should deal with pain as excruciating as yours but it makes it even more unbearable for me to know how young you are.

I really have nothing to offer in terms of help or advice, as my pain does not even come close to being as off the scale as yours. I just want you to know that even though we haven't crossed posts I think of you often. I truly hope and pray you can get some relief.

Know exactly what you're talking about Becky. Last night I tried to go to bed around 2am, and was right back up about fifteen minutes later......was worse laying down. Still have'nt had any sleep.

I would'nt wish this crap on anyone. Just wish they'd find something that worked.

Hi Becky,
    Pain is the worst, and I am sorry that yours is so bad. It completely ruins my sleep too. There are nights I just lie there watching the digital clock turn wondering if I am going to be allowed any sleep at all that night. I get some small breaks though, and it doesn't sound like you are getting any breaks at all. Sorry.

I agree with the others here. Pain is the worse with SCI. If you are in pain, nothing else matters, it is horrible. I hope you find a solution for your pain, don't give up.
    TH 12, 43 years post

So, so sorry for you, Becks. You're long overdue for a break.

What's your current course of meds? Has your new pain doc made any adjustments (dose increases, trying different meds) since it's clear that the levels you're at aren't doing diddly squat?

Like everyone who's posted here, pain is the most debilitating part of my disabilities. I'm so angry that I'm treated like a criminal for simply trying to get relief. I'm tired of the seemingly endless cycle of doctor visits, trying this and that ('cause the other thing doesn't do crap), and still hurting. I'm frustrated by trying to figure out how to behave so I'm not accused of being a junkie in search of a fix. I'm exhausted from not sleeping. And I'm discouraged that my standards have been so beat down that I now consider a day when I only have three kinds of severe pain flaring at once one of my "good days".

Trudy, I think it was you who posted in Bill's thread about the subject that is dejerine's passion: the need for more research about pain, with a focus on eliminating it instead of managing it. Amen!

Becky, I don't know what I can do from so far away, but I hope you know I'd do whatever I can if you think of something that might help. Like the rest of you, I'm awake a lot of nights from the pain...maybe we could support each other when we hurt and everyone else is asleep...
    Last edited by thehipcrip; 04-08-2010 at 05:38 PM.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post

What's your current course of meds? Has your new pain doc made any adjustments (dose increases, trying different meds) since it's clear that the levels you're at aren't doing diddly squat?
    Tramadol- 100mg twice a day
    Neurontin- 1800 mg daily
    Fentanyl- (patch) 75mcg

These new doses and some of the meds are new from the new doc... These also are just pain meds

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Excuse my ignorance but I am pretty new to this world...my son is 14 yrs old and a T4 complete since 12/09. He has severe head pain and is hospitalized now, no answers for the past 4 days. Meds dont seem to help much.

Are you all suffering from head pain or are you referring to leg pain, spasms, other???

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by SharonD View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but I am pretty new to this world...my son is 14 yrs old and a T4 complete since 12/09. He has severe head pain and is hospitalized now, no answers for the past 4 days. Meds dont seem to help much.

Are you all suffering from head pain or are you referring to leg pain, spasms, other???

Thanks for your help!
    Understanding Neuropathic Pain
    http://www.spineuniverse.com/conditi...uropathic-pain

Quote Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
    could he still have a leak? the worst headache ever was after spinal tap, and after my accident. I had spf leaking out of my ears. the headache was indiscribable. I had vertigo for years and still do at times. seems like the leaking had something to do with my headache.

it makes my heart ache about your unrelieved pain becky. I know you feel bad about telling about it, so thank you for trusting that there are many here who care about your pain and will always say a prayer for you and give you kind words. if only that were some kind of comfort. pain sucks.