Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help, I'm having twins :o!!!

Originally posted by Erin:

I'm just ready to have an uneventful year and 2005. I want to enjoy it with my new family and learn to handle stresses of the journey with dignity and grace. I get angry and bitter sometimes-at my injury, at other people, at my family- but this experience makes life much more rich and meaningful- and reminds me to always look at the glass half full- because if I didn't then I'd be a very sad and miserable person. Just know that you can get pregnant, be married, raise a child, and keep your sanity, EVEN if you have SCI.

I hope that answered your question CHASB-Thanks for thinking about me .
    God bless you, Erin, those years that make us long for uneventful are so trying. I'm sorry for your losses but so thrilled for your blessings. From here, it looks like you have the "dignity and grace" part covered. All the best-Beth

Oh my goodness, Erin. You are mature beyond your years! What a wonderful outlook on life you have.

Congratulations on your adorable son, Hagen! He is a cutie. I am also very sorry about your tiny baby daughter, and your miscarriage. You have had a very sad, yet eventful year.

I wish you the best of luck with Hagen.....I know he will bring you great joy.

Darlene
    www.karenbrain.ca

Erin,
    I was so sad to hear about all of lifes setbacks you have had over the past year. I know in my heart that 2005 will be much kinder to you, as you deserve it. With the love of your new wonderfull son Hagen you will heal and continue on. Of course I have been wondering how you have been, so have alot of others here. Your special. Best of everything to you, and for you.

Originally posted by Erin:

A picture at birth and now- An amazing miracle.
    What a wonderful picture! Wise.

He is beautiful and so are you Erin.
    So sorry about your very rough time and your
    loss of your daughter.

" I hate war only as a soldier who has lived it can.
    Only as one who has seen it's brutality, it's futility, it's stupidness." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Erin, It is possible for a pediatric opthalmologist to assess a baby's sight before they acquire language. Does your local children's hospital have a premie clinic? That would be a good place to start looking. I have known of babies that have glasses and even tiny contact lenses, depending upon their needs.

Erin;

Thank you for sharing your incredible story in such detail, the doubts as well as the certainties. Hagen is quite the battler, just like his Mom!

John

"Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

I have kept in touch with Erin here and there over the last several months. I have a feeling that she is going to be a wonderfull mother.

I still believe in the saying: "God only gives you what He thinks you can handle!"

You are a strong person, Erin. Just keep it up a believe in yourself. Everything will work out and dealt with things one at a time...

Lots of LUCK TO YOU!!!

krajaxa

I just wanted to say "thank you" to you all for such kind words. Every day this year has been wonderful; Hagen's sight seems to improve every day as well.

Diane- We have a pediatric opthamologist appointment on the 24th of this month and hopefully Hagen will be fitted with baby goggles to correct his vision; how cute . We also have an appointment on the 19th of March to asses his physical development. We are so fortunate to live close to one of the best children's hospitals in the nation; Hagen's getting the best care possible.

Thanks again for everything; that's to all of you .

Erin