Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hair

Quote Originally Posted by quad79 View Post
    The chopstick thing sounds great, wtf. I always envy your hair. Can you do curlers & all? I miss really styling my hair.

Thanks, yeah I style my own hair. When I came home from rehab I learned how to use a curling iron and I can use hot rollers too. What helps is getting a good haircut so you don't have to do much to get the style your aiming for.

I can't put my hair in a ponytail with a rubber band (lord I have tried) so thats why I use a stick or chopstick to put my hair up.

Central California/ (the Republican side :)
    my hair has always been such a mess for me....it's LONG and CURLY!!!! It was beautiful and i could jus wear it curly or blow dry it and flat iron it and wear it straight, but now my hand are like your my left is good and my rt. sux. I'm shitty cause i cant even put it in a pony tail.
    Here's what one off my aides recommended and it works GREAT!!!! I go once a wk to the beautysalon. My gal washes it and flatirons it. I wear it in a cap every night so it keeps up......a silk cap u can buy at Walmart. I wear a shower cap etc and it keeps well for the week. My husband or aide will touch up (with flat iron)the line from ponytail shows from wearing it in one at night if need thru the week. Good Luck

Evonne
    I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome

Hiyaz everyone I got a few funny questions
    No matter what brand hair shampoo or fancy conditioner my hair ends seem frazzled and I never feel like the beautiful girl in the hair commercials ...them 3 model chicks

I love to keep my hair long but I am possibly going to resort to having 3 inches cut and layering it because I dont like split ends ... These got worse as I got older ... lmao

I like keeping elastic hair scunchis on my right wrist and when I feel in the mood then I try to put mine in a high pony tail when my hands dont bother me badly from the hand cramps lol.

One thing that absolutely drives me Bezerk is hair knots ladies these un fair hair mongrels plague some of us ladies like me lol
    How many of you get hair knots on the back of your neck or top of your head ?

I noticed the older I got the more curly it got plus mine is whitning so i'll be dying it soon lol

One of you here mentioned about bald patches etc... from a neck brace
    My friend linda had them she preferred wearing a wig and she looks lovely

All my life i've had very long hair and just now I am considering shortening it some
    I think layers and maybe shoulder lenghth is ok
    Now if I only have the will ...

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Thanks, yeah I style my own hair. When I came home from rehab I learned how to use a curling iron and I can use hot rollers too. What helps is getting a good haircut so you don't have to do much to get the style your aiming for.

I can't put my hair in a ponytail with a rubber band (lord I have tried) so thats why I use a stick or chopstick to put my hair up.
    My God woman, AMAZING! I can barely hold a hairdryer. You need to make a vid-I would die to do that again.

Gypsy, I find layers easier & prettier to deal with. Plus a cute new do helps cheer ya up. I have grown mine out way past my shoulders just for the up-do's I now can't pull off. I'm contemplating a short stacked bob, they're always in style. This hair is just too thick & hot. Thank goodness my bald spots don't show unless my hair is up. I hate they keep me from the cuter short cuts though. My hair is drying out too. They say prenatal vit's are great for hair, skin & nails but I've yet to try them. I feel meds play a huge role. Sometimes misting your hair with a shine spray helps it look healthier too.

Evonne- hey chick, missed ya! It's actually healthier to go days in between washing. I usually can go 2 days but do the same, just get the bed head flat ironed the next day. I would love to have naturally curly hair, they always say you want what you don't have. Mine is just naturally wavy.

Lol Hi Everyone
    I have super curly long hair
    when I was a young girl my Grandmother used to love messing with my hair
    She always said I'd love to have long curly hair like you

I was always trying ideas to straighten my hair and the stuff smelled like rotten Eggs rofl

All these years later and I am back to square 1 again . Knots Landing

Yea I firmly believe my meds played alot of havok in my Knot hair
    UuuughBut i've been weening myself off of most of my meds for the past year it takes time and
    Yes I talked it over with my Doctor to be safe .

Sincerely;
    Gypsylady