Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dad going to ER, long post...

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Do you have or know of anyone who has a blood pressure cuff? Might be a good idea at the very least to get a reading on his BP and see where thats at. Also take his temp and pulse rate.
    He monitors his BP on his own. It is where it usually is for him. He is breathing ok, mostly the swelling is in his legs. Which is where it always starts and works its way up. I told my mom to keep an eye on him for the night. He doubled his water pill today and has been peeing all day. He is afraid if he goes to the ER that they wont do anything or they will do too much like the last time. My mom is calling the Dr office first thing in the morning and he said if he cant get in to see the dr then that he would go to the ER. So, fingers crossed it will be an uneventful night and will get in right away in the morning. There is just no reasoning with the man. I mean its not like he is healthy to begin with, high bp, high cholesteral, diabetic, pacemaker, defib, and a leaky heart valve etc etc.

I will pray for an uneventful night and a wonderful morning full of answers and good news. I will also pray that you and your mom get some rest. Stay strong and keep us informed.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    I will pray for an uneventful night and a wonderful morning full of answers and good news. I will also pray that you and your mom get some rest. Stay strong and keep us informed.
    Exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    I third this...
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Said a prayer he'd go to the Dr. and get well soon.
    Sorry I know it's really hard not being with him. God bless him.

Thank you everyone. He lost 3# of the water weight over night, he will be seeing the dr tomarrow. They are keepin an eye on him today and if it gets worse he will go to the ER. My mom thinks it has to do with their pos polio, the weather, and he was up walking a little more than he is use to. I just want him to be checked, especially with the leaky valve.

Good news, ahh the power of prayer.

Well he finally saw the dr today, just heard from my mom, its not my dads heart which is good. It is his circulation and thyroid that is causeing the fluid retention. Ruled out blood clots doubled the water pill and will wait and see what develops.

Good news, so glad it wasn't his heart.

Great news!!