Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return to Motocross for Quad friend....

Return to Motocross for Quad friend....

Check out this vid I made of a good friend of mine, Drew, who broke his neck while motocross racing when he was 19, some 7 years ago.

As you can see, pretty darn successful.....

Badass. Makes me want to hop back on mine! What's the soundtrack Mark?

It's a track called Jambi by Tool......

What's one of those shifter's run pricewise? I might be interested in one sometime...
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Great Job..... looks like Drew had a blast, That's what it's all about. The only thing i would recommend is maybe building some nerf bars to protect his legs in a tip over.

Quote Originally Posted by RSieck View Post
    What's one of those shifter's run pricewise? I might be interested in one sometime...

The whole set of mods cost around $2k. Drew tells me the shifter was about $1k, the automatic clutch was some $600, and the rest was miscellaneous stuff. He does all his own welding and fab work, so he prolly saved a bit there.

i'll get him to post on here too.....

Quote Originally Posted by rjames View Post
    Great Job..... looks like Drew had a blast, That's what it's all about. The only thing i would recommend is maybe building some nerf bars to protect his legs in a tip over.
    Yeah, he tipped over a few times and it gonna trap his legs under a hot case cover one of these days....

I've seen video of your set-up Ricky, looks good for protection....and v cool you post here too.

I"m gonna have a go of drews bike next time I'm out with him, waiting for him to get his set-up perfected. I miss riding too.......

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    The whole set of mods cost around $2k. Drew tells me the shifter was about $1k, the automatic clutch was some $600, and the rest was miscellaneous stuff. He does all his own welding and fab work, so he prolly saved a bit there.

i'll get him to post on here too.....
    Yeah the fabrication stuff doesn't bother me at all, I'm pretty handy with a welder and torch

Just the parts set you back..lol
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    Yeah, he tipped over a few times and it gonna trap his legs under a hot case cover one of these days....

I've seen video of your set-up Ricky, looks good for protection....and v cool you post here too.

I"m gonna have a go of drews bike next time I'm out with him, waiting for him to get his set-up perfected. I miss riding too.......
    I'm actually Ricky's dad, he doesn't really do the internet forum deal..LOL

For you guys that are thinknig about building a bike you can always hold off on the shifter for a while to save some $$ and start off with just the Rekluse clutch and rear brake set up. The clutch will allow you to leave the bike in 3rd gear all the time. Works good, that's how we first started out. We set up a deal at Rekluse where if you mention you are disabled and building an adaptive bike they should offer you a discount on their system.