Page 9 of 207 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

"The Native in me tends to distrust docs and seek good health on my own with natural ways that do not harm the body, nor make others wealthy."

haha, you describe things to the Tee capn. i'm not native and i think the saaaame way.

i have an SP so i probly can't benefit like you cathers can using this technique. but its got me wonderin'.....

jeweleyez has been fighting a perianal cyst or fissure or fistula for a lil over a year now. she's had it lanced and scraped out twice but it still continues to drain and gives her a fever every now an then. this last dr. mentioned crohns disease, so were waiting on the blood tests for that to come in. its draining from a small spot where the last surgery didn't heal all the way up. drs. say its good that it drains instead of healing up with the infection inside, i can understand this theory. i'm wondering if this stuff will heal it up and kill the infection at the same time. her and i both are tired of having surgery after surgery and it not healing.

leila? if you could find out some info about this we would be very greatful. were allllmost but not quite to the point of desperation, lol.

Yes, Rollin, the techniques described in this thread can be used with a suprapublic catheter. I have described this in detail. As for the fistula, if there is infection present the Microcyn can do a lot of good. You don't have anything to lose by trying it. If you review this thread carefully you will find a link to a video about a 17 year old that was dying of necrotizing fasciitis that was eating a whole in the back of his oral cavity. They had him on IV antibiotics and had done some surgery to try to stay ahead of it, but it was killing him. His father knew about Microcyn (Dermacyn) and this is what saved his life. If it can take on flesh-eating bacteria why wouldn't it help the anal infection? Do your homework and think for yourself. I will try to put your question to the doctor I have been communicating with, and hope she will give me a more detailed answer.

Take Care,

Leila

Rollin 64,

I got your answer. (I hold my breath every time I put a question to this woman. She is so busy, in such great demand--yet she puts up with my questions, and takes the time to get back to me).

She says that without more information she can't tell how well the cyst will respond to Microcyn alone. Sometimes she must do additional intervention in conjunction with the Microcyn. She then said if Jeweleyez can come to Oregon this summer, she will take care of the problem for her. I find this answer incredibly generous.

JGNI--she was short with me on your question. She said she's already addressed the issue of Microcyn and bladder infections. I know she does turn around full blown bladder infections, so I suppose that's what she meant. However, I know she would not want me to come on as if people should not got to the hospital and get IV antiobiotics if they think things are getting out of hand. Each case is different.

And I'd like to say here that I am certainly not against antibiotics if they work. It's when they don't work, or they can't keep the problem from coming back time and again, and/or the side effects are too toxic--then people have to do something else to help themselves. We can't deny that we've entered the age of antibiotic resistance. It's not something that's coming, it's something that's here. They now know that microbes respond to antibiotics as a kind of stress, and they go into overdrive putting out mutations--the stronger the antibiotic, the more they pump out mutations. And eventually they win--they produce a strain that can resist the antibiotic. How long that takes depends on many factors, but it will always take place over time.

For us, resistance doesn't just mean that antibiotics don't work at all any more. It can mean that they just don't get the job all the way done. There can still be some microbes hanging around after we've finished a course of antibiotics--and so the infection is going to return at some point.

I'm not against tradition medicine and doctors--not at all. But many times doctors are so busy that they fail to keep up their ongoing education--they're underinformed about the latest breakthroughs and possibilties. They're human, just like the rest of us. We have to take what's of value from them, and go on our own when necessary. It's not a battle of some kind. It's just the way things are.

Take Care,

Leila

I found a place right here in the states that sells Microcyn OTC wound cleanser bottle 8.45 ounces for $28 with a standard shipping at $6.50. Are there any different types of Microcyn or is it all basically the same? Just want to make sure I order the correct bottle.
    A good friend is someone who will come to bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend is the guy sitting next to you behind the same set of bars saying, "boy we sure f*cked up this time huh?"

Hi Rick,

There is only one kind of Microcyn/Vetericyn--it's all the same stuff. The Myclyns spray has to state on the label that it uses Microcyn technology. But those spray bottles are too little to do much good when dealing with your kind of problem. Your source is probably MetroMedicalOnline, and they will give free shipping if you buy more than $50.00 worth. So if you just buy two bottles, you get free shipping. Metro is the only distributor for Microcyn liquid and gel in the states.

Hope you're doing OK,

Leila

Rollin 64,

If you can't get Jeweleyz to Oregon this summer, could she get referred to a wound care clinic in your area? Then they could confer with the doctor in Oregon if they do not yet know about Microcyn. See if they would be open to such a collaboration.

Hoping the best for you both,

Leila

Hi Leila and all others involved in this informative forum.

I'm a T6 paraplegic from Australia and have had recurrent UTI's for last 15 years with no let up at all. Have just completed IV course of Gentamycin for latest battle with the little buggers.
    This thread has at last given me some hope that I can break this cycle and remove my reliance on Antibiotics.
    Only problem is I cannot find anywhere in Australia from where I can source Mycrocyn. I will try suppliers in the US and see if I can get some sent to me.
    Thanks again for all the information and discussion

Scimon (Simon)

Hi All,

I'm glad my efforts to get this info to you has been of some benefit. I'm going to have to sign off now, because I have other crucial commitments that require my undivided attention.

I love you all,

Leila

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    Hi Rick,

There is only one kind of Microcyn/Vetericyn--it's all the same stuff. The Myclyns spray has to state on the label that it uses Microcyn technology. But those spray bottles are too little to do much good when dealing with your kind of problem. Your source is probably MetroMedicalOnline, and they will give free shipping if you buy more than $50.00 worth. So if you just buy two bottles, you get free shipping. Metro is the only distributor for Microcyn liquid and gel in the states.

Hope you're doing OK,

Leila

Hey Leila,

Yep, that's the source :-). I'm doing okay despite those little scumbags making a home in my bladder. Had some blood work taken as well as a urine sample for the hundredth time. So, just waiting to hear back From Doctor Infection for some kind of news before purchasing the Microcyn.

Thanks for all that you're doing,

Rick.
    A good friend is someone who will come to bail you out of jail. A TRUE friend is the guy sitting next to you behind the same set of bars saying, "boy we sure f*cked up this time huh?"

After today I won't be able to carry on with this project for quite awhile---I'm nort sure how long. So, if you need questions answered from the doctor I was allowed to communicate with, JenJen will put the questions to her, hopefully. I've given her the contact info. If anyone has an urgent need to contact this doctor, once again, ask JenJen.

There was a lot more info I wanted to get to you, but at least we got the basics down--clean out the bladder with the Microcyn flush and then keep the microbes from coming back by rinsing the urethra with Microcyn prior to catheterization. How often you rinse and how far up the urethra you go you will have to work out for yourselves.

My adult son has come home to live with us, his parents, because he is ill and we need to take care of him. Unfotunately, there is no Microcyn for his afflication.

When I get really low thinking about the tragedy of my son's condition, I think of you all and all you've been through. And I think, if you all can withstand what you have, I can get through this. That thought always lifts my spirits. There is more than enough collective courage and intelligence in the SCI community--so use it to help heal yourselves. Your alive, and that's wonderful.

All My Love,

Leila