Page 6 of 207 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

I know that part of their website but it is unfortunately not true. I have spoken with their "supposed" canadian distributor today and they don't carry it and cannot sell it. Apparently they are hard to do business with and are afraid of litigation etc ...
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    I know that part of their website but it is unfortunately not true. I have spoken with their "supposed" canadian distributor today and they don't carry it and cannot sell it. Apparently they are hard to do business with and are afraid of litigation etc ...

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. Can you buy it thru Ebay or one of the other on-line stores? Again, because I couldn't get the "human version" I found it much easier to by the "vet version." Good luck
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

I had already ordered Vetericyn from that CapnGimp petstore when I wrote, I hope it will not be a problem at the Canadian borders.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Jen Jen,

I wanted to ask your opinion. As far as prevention of UTI's goes, do you think the periwash with Microcyn/Vetericyn does a thorough enough job for females? Maybe they need to inject a little up into the urethra before each cathing, since the distal urethra of women as well as men tends to get colonized. What do you think?

Leila

Leila,

From personal experience, I find that removing the straw from inside the bottle so that I can turn it upside-down allows me to more effectively use the spray. Otherwise, the bottle is at an awkward angle. I open my labia with my fingers, give 2 pumps and do try to get some into my meatus. I use hydrophylic caths, so I wet them in Vetericyn as well.

At first, I was irrigating at every cath with it then when I discovered it's effect on my bowels, I went to twice a day for a VERY short period of time. Now, I only irrigate if I suspect a true UTI forming.

Works fine for me.

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    I had already ordered Vetericyn from that CapnGimp petstore when I wrote, I hope it will not be a problem at the Canadian borders.
    If any Canadians get a hold of either product, can you post how you obtain it? I checked with the Vet hospital/pharmacy here and was told it was an American product they do not order.

The delivery fees ordering from the US via online stores are really high.

Thanks JenJen,

First, I need to correct my version of the bladder flush that the doctor gave me. She never used the word "instill"--she said "flush." In my rush I stuck that word in there and I was mistaken. I'm just learning the ropes here, so bear with me.

So, you don't keep the Microcyn in the bladder, because you're using a flushing technique--in and out. This dovetails nicely with what JenJen said about not keeping the Microcyn in the bladder too long because it affected her bowels. I think she has something there. There does seem to be evidence that under certain conditions there is a permeability of the bladder wall on the cellular level. So there most likely is something in the Microcyn that diffuses from the bladder into the intestines. This is just a guess here, but perhaps the hypochlorous acid, which functions as a vasodilator as well as a microbicide, is facilitating this diffusion. Thus, the intestinal flora would be reduced, and this would cause loose stool, etc.

A small price to pay for conquering drug resistant bladder infections--but if you are skillful in your technique, as JenJen has learned to be, there's no problem.

Take Care,

Leila

Do you know anyone in the U.S. who could buy it for you and ship it themselves, or would that not cost any less?

I just purchased 4 16oz bottles of Vetericyn from Calvetsupply.com my total was $135.96US. That will last me about 6months or so... Cal Vet is the first place I found it and I continue to use them for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by WPDaggy View Post
    Do you know anyone in the U.S. who could buy it for you and ship it themselves, or would that not cost any less?
    My parents are heading back from Florida in a few weeks. I guess I'll ask them to bring some with them.

Many online stores, like the calvetsupply.com you use JenJen, do not ship to Canada. Others cost more than the product ($20-30) for shipping - and there's still the potential it will not get across the border if there is a reason it's not being sold here. The potential results are definitely worth trying the shipping, I was just looking for something with less fees attached. I'll check out Cap'ns online site too.