Page 58 of 207 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

Quote Originally Posted by Regine View Post
    The pharmacy said if I order 11 bottles of 500ml I wouldn't have to pay for shipping and pay 24 instead of 31 Euros per bottle. Is it good for a longer time?
    Here is some additional information about Dermacyn. I have highlighted the shelf life.

What is Dermacyn?
    Super-oxidized solution

Oxidized water (99.98%) with reactive species of chlorine and oxygen
    Treatment of all chronic and acute wounds and 1st and 2nd degree burns
    Produced by Microcyn Technology
    Composition
    * FAC* 30-80 parts per million (ppm)
    * pH 6.2 – 7.8
    * Osmolarity 13 mOsm
    Super-Oxidized Water >99.980
    Sodium Hypochlorite (NaOCl) 0.004 %
    Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) 0.003 %
    Sodium Chloride (NaCl) 0.011 %
    Super-oxidized solution (SOS)
    *FAC = Free Available Chlorine
    About Dermacyn
    * NON-IRRITATING: Safe to use around the eyes and mouth
    * READY TO USE: No mixing, dilution or rinsing necessary
    * STABLE: Solution has a shelf life of one year from date of manufacture and 30 days once open
    * pH-NEUTRAL: pH from 6.2 to 7.8
    * ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE: No special disposal requirements
    * MULTI-PURPOSE: Can be used directly on the wound or in combination with gauze, sponges or other absorbent wound dressings

Great that you are getting fast and positive results,
    All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 12-04-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Regine View Post
    No, I use it as it is. Third day today: less smell, less mucus, still some sediment, but the first night without abdominal spasms in a while, which could have been connected to a UTI. Exciting! I still have to find a way to get it somehow cheaper. The pharmacy said if I order 11 bottles of 500ml I wouldn't have to pay for shipping and pay 24 instead of 31 Euros per bottle. Is it good for a longer time?
    Hi Regine,
    I contacted the company who manufactures Vetericyn about its availability in Germany. Here is the reply:
    We’re working on Germany (as in German clearance) at the moment – We’re going to Spoga Horse in Feb. on Koln and hopefully we’ll be cleared to sell soon after.
    Thanks for you interest, stay in touch
    Brian

Brian Costigan | Sales & Marketing Manager - Europe
    Innovacyn, Inc. | Bringing you Vetericyn
    2 Barrack St. | Clarinbridge | Galway | Ireland
    3546 N. Riverside Ave. | Rialto, CA | 92377 | USA
    Cell +353 87 2517155 | Tel +353 91 796896
    briancostigan@vetericyn.com
    www.innovacyn.com | www.vetericyn.com

All the best,
    GJ

Okay.....I have been using Vetericyn for over 5 months. For the most part, everything has gone very well. My urine is clear, no colonization, no urinary tract infections since I got the supra pubic catheter. I instill 20cc of Vetericyn VF (VVF) for about 10 minutes every night. About once a week, just after instilling the VVF, I experience a good deal of chilling and sweating that lasts well after I have drained the VVF. I have monitored my blood pressure during these episodes, and it is not dangerously elevated.

Has anyone else experienced random episodes of discomfort with the VVF? Can any one speculate what is causing these episodes?

All the best,
    GJ

Blog Entries
    I sometimes get low-level AD from leaving it in a bit too long. I tried keeping it in for an hour a couple of times, and got AD both times, but - as you note, only slight elevation of BP.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Why do you guys leave that stuff in your bladder for so long??
    Last edited by JGNI; 12-05-2010 at 10:53 AM.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

What is "low-level AD"?

Ten minutes is the maximum that I leave the Vetericyn in the bladder.

"Low Level AD" is not a scientific term, I am sure, but it is how I describe minimally symptomatic Autonomic Dysreflexia, that I experience from time to time. It is a background, nagging, all over aching, uncomfortable sensation. The symptoms are usually a sense of cold across my shoulders, slight chilling, and very mild sweating. My blood pressure does not elevate into dangerous territory, I don't have goose bumps or a booming headache. I have had full blown AD and for me there is a great difference in intensity and discomfort.

If I have a full bladder, urinary tract infection, or sometimes during a bowel program, I have the real deal. If I have an ingrown toe nail, a blister on my foot, a sore shoulder, or that type of problem, I have "Low Level AD."

All the best,
    GJ

Guys,
    If VVF is majority just a water (99%), and even good for eye and throat , why are we even experiencing these ? Something is not right!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    Why do you guys leave that stuff in your bladder for so long??
    When I wasn't getting any results doing a 5 minute flush, I read some posts that some folks had to leave it in for an hour so I was trying to see what worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinshin View Post
    Guys,
    If VVF is majority just a water (99%), and even good for eye and throat , why are we even experiencing these ? Something is not right!!!
    I agree, I attribute it to a couple of things: I had a UTI at the time, and I think that some people's bladders just don't like anything put in from the wrong way. When I was in the hospital 6 years ago for flap surgery, the nurses tried a couple of times to flush my bladder with saline, and I got mild AD once and pretty serious the second time - nitro paste and everything!

Don
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

I am instilling Vetericyn VF (VVF) through a supra pubic catheter. I can go for a couple of weeks with no episodes of irritation that causes the low level AD. There is no sign of infection or colonization, and out of no where, without any change to the routine (maximum time the VVF is left in the bladder is 10 minutes)....one night, I will have the low level AD and it will last up to a few hours even after the VVF has drained and flushed out of the bladder with the passage of urine. I wonder if Dr. BonGiovanni, who has been mentioned in previous posts by Lelia, would have any comment on this phenomenon.

All the best,
    GJ