Page 56 of 207 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

got my vetericyn (not VF) yesterday. started it slowly to see how my body would take it externally first. As t8burst is doing, cleaning my hands and stoma, & spraying on to the sterile cath tube which has a closed bag.
    one thing I saw right away is, my stoma gettting a white flim/coating , not on the outer skin but on the head.
    did anyone observe this... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinshin View Post
    got my vetericyn (not VF) yesterday. started it slowly to see how my body would take it externally first. As t8burst is doing, cleaning my hands and stoma, & spraying on to the sterile cath tube which has a closed bag.
    one thing I saw right away is, my stoma gettting a white flim/coating , not on the outer skin but on the head.
    I have never seen white, sometime areas will get a bit red (my glans actually) from the vetricyn.

Using Vetericyn VF Hydrogel, when it dries, yes, it leaves a white, powder residue. However, I haven't noticed it with the other formula. Just wipe it off with a damp cloth or wait until you tak a bath.

Good luck.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Smile

those who are afraid of or experiencing loose stools , by trying VVF., also there are lot of foods/medications cause this. even d-mannose (2-4 a day) or even cantaloupe juice at wrong time does it.
    so here is the solution:
    1. well toasted bread slices (plain) / good portion of wheat bread.
    2. apples with skin.
    3. yogurt.
    4. calcium supplements (you make bones strong and same time seal the hole
    every other day after my bowel prog., I make sure I eat these and next day I can freak out on stuff like hot chipotle burrito.

[QUOTE=Kinshin;1286163]those who are afraid of or experiencing loose stools , QUOTE]

I have the opposite problem with it.
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

I found this study form 2006, done in Alabama:

Background/Objective:
    We conducted a randomized, double-blind comparison of twice daily bladder irrigation using 1 of 3 different solutions in community-residing persons with neurogenic bladder who used indwelling catheters to evaluate efficacy in treatment of bacteriuria.
    Methods:
    Eighty-nine persons with bacteriuria were randomized to irrigate their bladders twice daily for 8 weeks with 30 mL of (a) sterile saline, (b) acetic acid, or (c) neomycin-polymyxin solution. Urinalysis, cultures, and antimicrobial susceptibility tests were performed at baseline and weeks 2, 4, and 8 to determine the extent to which each of the solutions affected numbers and types of bacteria, urinary pH, urinary leukocytes, and generation of antimicrobial-resistant organisms.
    Results:
    Bladder irrigation was well tolerated with the exception of 3 participants who had bladder spasms. None of the 3 irrigants had a detectable effect on the degree of bacteriuria or pyuria in 52 persons who completed the study protocol. A significant increase in urinary pH occurred in all 3 groups. No significant development of resistance to oral antimicrobials beyond what was observed at baseline was detected.
    Conclusions:
    Bladder irrigation was generally well tolerated for 8 weeks. No advantages were detected for neomycin-polymyxin or acetic acid over saline in terms of reducing the urinary bacterial load and inflammation. We cannot recommend bladder irrigation as a means of treatment for bacteriuria in persons with neurogenic bladder.

I will next try straight saline, as i know from my body's instant feedback that the basic procedure is helping. If any irrigation will do, why saline is obviously cheaper.

Unhappy

Millard,
    Yes the white coating happened because I was spraying it after i cath.

Now the update on my vetericyn (not VF), used less than 10cc with 50cc filtered water instilled left it less than 30 sec and pulled out with syringe.
    With in sec I felt some discomfort in my back,chest. Is it my psychological
    Thing I don't know . I'll try it again and see.

Here is the strange thing before this irrigation my urine was fine and imhave no symptoms. But last night i was hit by fever,chills,head ache and full cloudy
    Urine. It is really stupid thing to say that vetericyn caused this but I must have done something to push the colony in my urethra back into my bladder. don't know. Back to cipro this morning as of now no fever or chills or any pains. But urine Is still cloudy .. Did warm water irrigation to suck out the gunk. Btw Except levaquin nothing works for me.. As of now but might get Lucky this time with cipro.
    Running to get VVF spray and gel ... More findings later.
    ; kin ;

Kinshin, try washing the urethra first with Vet. Wait one minute before full procedure.

tc,
    that is the reason why I ran for gel, easy way to coat the urethra with VF !!?
    can someone direct me how I could do easy way to clean the urethra with liquid VF ?.
    ~kin.

tc,
    that is the reason why I ran for gel, easy way to coat the urethra with VF !!?
    can someone direct me how I could do easy way to clean the urethra with liquid VF ?.
    ~kin.
    Activate a hydrophilic catheter with it.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)