Page 54 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

If you have any problems getting a prescription for it.Please have your MD call OCULUS.They supply it to the pharmacy and have the medicare reimbursment number posted on their site.There number is 1-800- 759-9305.Also,if you research DR. cheryl bongiovanni you'll find even more info..She has used it with great success on very sick /invovled patients with severe wounds.According to her she rarley uses antibiotics.Just soaks a dressing with microcyn and applys it to the wound.

This is what we did and it WORKS!

I agree no sideeffects from leaving it in longer than an hour.in fact I am sure that I am not able to flush it all out after instilling it.This seems to help....urine looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Millard View Post
    I leave it in my bladder overnight. No effect on my bowels at all.
    good for you, must be nice. they day after I use it (5-7min with 30ml) I poop butt snot, not a loaf or nothing. weird.
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

for those having issues with bowel problems after using vetericyn/microcyn then you need to up your probiotics/prebiotics. probiotic blend i use is called primadolphilus optima by nature's way. this should help keep stool normal as it seems vet/mic can traverse bladder wall into the intestine.

i started my vetericyn trials again. ended up with the same weird reaction of a high fever (102) and initially it seemed to work and then i missed a dose as i got home way to late from school and just passed out. i've been doing a 1:1 dilution of vet 2x with saline for a total of 40ml and this worked fine til the missed dose. so then i upped to 100ml 1:1 and that's when i got the fever. so i let my body calm down this weekend and just drank plenty of water and then sunday evening i did another 100ml 1:1 seem to be back on track. clear urine thus far. this am i did a 40ml 1:1 and had no issues. i keep it in for a half hour - 45 minutes and spend half the time laying on my belly catching up on emails with my iphone. so this seems to be working. will call to see if medicaid has this approved and will set an appointment for another urinalysis and consult. the tough part will be bringing this on the plane with me for my conference in two weeks.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

If the fluid is a medication, it should go through just fine.... although you never know with the different security people.
    CKF

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    If the fluid is a medication, it should go through just fine.... although you never know with the different security people.
    CKF
    i am going to put the vetericyn in my tiny saline bottles but if they open it and it smells like bleach they are gonna be suspicious. so i think the note will help

My UTI symptoms is smelly urine. I have been installing Vetericyn 30ml for ten minutes in the morn and night and I can't get rid of the smelly UTI pee. I feel like I'm wasting the stuff. what would you guys do different? I'm affraid of jumping from 10min up to a hour with side effects but I want to kill this bug.
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

Blog Entries
    I tried 60 ml twice a day for 10 min, 60 ml for an hour, wait an hour and repeat, and many lesser options, and it almost worked. I finally got tired of, as you say, wasting the VVF, and went on cipro for 10 days. By day 3, my urine was crystal clear and I was tempted to stop, but finished the 10 days. Now I am doing maintenance of 30 ml for 10 - 15 minutes twice a week, and it seems to be working. I started doing maintenance of once a week, and was getting a bit of sediment and bumped it to twice a week. I think that everyone needs to find out what works for them. Many posts have stated that the AB is sometimes the only solution to getting completely clear.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    i am going to put the vetericyn in my tiny saline bottles but if they open it and it smells like bleach they are gonna be suspicious. so i think the note will help
    I think I'm gonna put my vvf in my checked bag, maybe put the bottle in a zip lock bag, and just hope it travels well.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky View Post
    I think I'm gonna put my vvf in my checked bag, maybe put the bottle in a zip lock bag, and just hope it travels well.
    i'd rather have it with me in case they wanna know what it is, you know? i figure if it ships fine i can take it on a plane.