Page 53 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    What reactions have the rest of you gotten from your Urologist or primary care physician when you have tried to discuss Vetericyn with them?

I talked to my primary care physician, and he wrote me a scrip for the 500ml bottle of Microcyn so it would be cheaper than getting the OTC. Now that I know about the Vetericyn, I can get that even cheaper than the prescription Microcyn.
    Exactly what did the doctor write? I asked the pharmacy to do a search on it today to see if medicare would pay for it because I could have sworn I read such a post...anyways he searched and search using pharm software and couldn't find anything...others have also said they have gotten scripts...is the script in another name? wondering what you ended up paying for it...

get in touch with oculus.This is the company that makes it.We were told that you can get get with a presciption if you use a non-chain pharmacy.

This is what we have done .we are getting microcyn wound gel from beaverton pharmacy in beaverton oregon.

I would have your MD call OCULUS at 1 800 759 9305.I also, recommend going to the OCULUS website.Do you know of a nonchain pharmacy in your area?

I am assuming this must be the same thing??? www.badassspray.com

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    I am assuming this must be the same thing??? www.badassspray.com
    I am wary about this....there isn't any information that describes what this is. It may be another form of vetericyn, it may be a diluted form of vetericyn, it may have nothing to do with the vetericyn/microcyn formulation. This is/will becoming/become a buyer beware situation as this product becomes more and more popular for human use. "Caveat emptor!!!"

The best,
    GJ

Yea, I wasn't for sure either, but just assummed. I actually seen the ad in a MS magazine and thought I would see what everyone else thought. I still have yet to try vetericyn/microcyn but have read this thread with great interest. David has been pretty fortunate to not get many uti's but we do use cream of tarter about once every other week to help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madmaddmother View Post
    Exactly what did the doctor write? I asked the pharmacy to do a search on it today to see if medicare would pay for it because I could have sworn I read such a post...anyways he searched and search using pharm software and couldn't find anything...others have also said they have gotten scripts...is the script in another name? wondering what you ended up paying for it...
    The scrip read:
    Microcyn
    1 liter
    Apply topically as needed

I got it through http://www.metromedicalonline.com/84096.html for $39.75 for 500ml

Don
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I am wary about this....there isn't any information that describes what this is. It may be another form of vetericyn, it may be a diluted form of vetericyn, it may have nothing to do with the vetericyn/microcyn formulation. This is/will becoming/become a buyer beware situation as this product becomes more and more popular for human use. "Caveat emptor!!!"

The best,
    GJ

"Miracle Mist" Quoted from a Leila post

You have a serious pressure sore that is only going to get worse if not properly tended to. Miracle Mist is not used in wound care clinics, and probably does not effectively eliminate bioburden, as the pH is alkaline. The ingredients are 17 megohm water (ultra pure water), sulfonated castor oil, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, sodium silicate, salts of calcium, magnesium, sodium, zinc, carbonate.

Specialty state-of-the-art wound care clinics are using Microcyn, liquid and gel. Most people who use it themselves buy the veterinary equivalent, Vetericyn, because it is less expensive. It is exactly the same product.

Microcyn (Vetericyn) will eliminate all infection, inflammation, and enrich the wound bed with oxygen, promoting fibroblast formation.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Thanks Millard.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Is it necessary to use a STERILE syringe every time you instill Vetericyn/Microcyn (V/M)into the bladder? If V/M has an the incredible effect on the broad range of bladder bacteria that it seems to have, isn't it okay to use "clean" syringes to instill/flush the bladder with V/M? It would seem that any bacteria in the syringe would be dealt with by the V/M. Isn't it okay to reuse syringes if you either wash them in antibacterial soap or alcohol and let them air dry between paper towels and store them away until the next use?

GJ
    I re-use it for a week for the reasons you mention.

I got the vf version and I'm curious if anyone else has kept this one in the bladder 30-60 min? It seems that most people posted 5-10min. thanks.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky View Post
    I re-use it for a week for the reasons you mention.

I got the vf version and I'm curious if anyone else has kept this one in the bladder 30-60 min? It seems that most people posted 5-10min. thanks.
    I leave it in my bladder overnight. No effect on my bowels at all.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne