Page 18 of 207 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp View Post
    And it is difficult to see how it traverses the bladder wall, bridges the gap and then traverses the intestinal wall and swims the 26 ft from one end to the other in short order.
    I have to agree with you here, even though it can be possible that some are susceptible to get diarrhea when using it, I am not convinced at all that said diarrhea is caused by interference with the microflora of the intestinal tract. It could be a totally different mechanism or just anecdotal and not related to Vetericyn use.

As for bacteria being parasites, cryptic is right, not the case, moreover, we could not live without them (much more on us than human cells), they just get where they don't belong sometimes and wreck havoc.

Good luck to all of us in our early experimentations, I for one will only use it when needed for now and do an in/out 60 ml flush. I may use it in prophylaxis in the future, something like once a week.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    I have to agree with you here, even though it can be possible that some are susceptible to get diarrhea when using it, I am not convinced at all that said diarrhea is caused by interference with the microflora of the intestinal tract. It could be a totally different mechanism or just anecdotal and not related to Vetericyn use.

As for bacteria being parasites, cryptic is right, not the case, moreover, we could not live without them (much more on us than human cells), they just get where they don't belong sometimes and wreck havoc.

Good luck to all of us in our early experimentations, I for one will only use it when needed for now and do an in/out 60 ml flush. I may use it in prophylaxis in the future, something like once a week.
    dont forget that they help make cheese. i love cheese..... ok back on topic.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I sure would like to be able to get my hands on some of this stuff for Bill

Will someone please post a link when they find some place to order from in Canada? I'm a pretty thorough googler and I can't find one anywhere.

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I personally think there is a connection between keeping the microcyn in the bladder too long and having the bowels affected. That's why I used the term "flush", which is an "in and out" procedure. I said those using it as a "flush" have not reported any bowel problems. Flush, rinse, irrigate, but not instill. You probably don't need to hold it in there much more than thirty seconds, since that is the kill time for microcyn. but you do need to repeat the flush a second time in one day. Some do the double flush again the next day. Having said that (more than once), I think people should feel free to experiment in order to find what is best for them.

As far as parasites go, yes I would agree that microorganisms are not technically defined as parasites. But, under certain conditions they are most certainly parasitic. When they infect the human body, this is how they affect our system. I am using the term broadly here, as an adjective not a noun. You have to be more circumspect to get my drift.

I am not in any sense of the word a salesman. Unlike a salesman, I did not come here to gain anything. I came here because my heart led me this way.

I deal with "anecdotal" later. I don't have time for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obieone View Post
    I sure would like to be able to get my hands on some of this stuff for Bill

Will someone please post a link when they find some place to order from in Canada? I'm a pretty thorough googler and I can't find one anywhere.

Obieone
    This was posted above...

This is info on the Canadian distrobutor

Canadian Distributor
    .................................................. ...................................

Vancouver Surgical
    8415 Granville Street,
    Box 62
    Vancouver, BC V6P 4Z9
    Telephone: 604-818-4847
    Toll Free: 1-866-899-1336
    FAX: 604-207-1097
    Email: sales@vancouversurgical.com
    www.vancouversurgical.com

Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Yes I saw that rcescher but apparently they aren't supplying any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    As I said on another post, I called Vancouver Surgical and they are not a distributor of Microcyn anymore.
    Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Obie, JGNI found a seller who will ship to Canada (might have even been someone on eBay). He should be able to point you in the right direction.. Shoot a PM to him and you should have your answer as soon as he signs on. :-)
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

This place will ship Vetericyn to Canada.

http://www.tscpets.com/vewointrforc.html
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Reporting back to the troops:
    I got my hands on some Vetericyn. My parents brought 3 bottles across the border on their way back from Florida with no hassle. Each bottle was $44 for 16 oz. I'm going to try and find it cheaper but I didn't want to send them on a hunting expedition. It was still cheaper than having it delivered up here.

I did my first flush Sunday afternoon with 60 cc. I left it in for 10 minutes while I rolled around trying to make sure it got into every nook and cranny. There was immediate results in clarity and reduced sediment. Second flush was Monday morning with less than 60 cc (probably closer to 40 - I'm trying to use it sparingly cuz it's so expensive). Pretty much all signs of infection had disappeared except the urine still has a slight infected scent. I did a third flush Monday night with 60 cc. I left it in for about half an hour while I got ready to go to bed.

So now my urine is crystal clear, mitro-related mucus is down to almost none, but my urine still has a slight infected scent. So, I'm not sure if the infection is completely gone. Any insights from our experienced users?

I'm using the spray before each cath as a preventative measure. I may do a once-a-week flush for maintenance.

So far I'm very impressed with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    This place will ship Vetericyn to Canada.

http://www.tscpets.com/vewointrforc.html
    Yes, and many others will ship too. I bought mine from Arcatapet (suggested by Capn in his early posts I think), they ship ExpressMail, 38.50$ for 2 bottles. Shipped on April 10th, received April 16th. Obieone, buy the 16 oz bottles, much more for the money.

Just shop for best price+shipping, don't make a mistake and order hydrogel ...
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)