Page 17 of 207 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

Thank you very much Shamrock, hopefully another success story!
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Blog Entries
    Tickled for ya buddy. NOW you have relief from one of our biggest problems. I put 20cc in for a few minutes just then. I have been on a BIG sweet tooth vacation since I found it, lol. Gotta run to get pics of a buddy's kids.

i just got my microcyn, i will report back with those results. i havent had time to ask my prof sry. end of the quarter blues.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Excellent news, Shamrock! I really appreciate you doing the post-use C&S and sharing the results so we'll finally have some objective data to go with the subjective.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Thank you Shamrock. You will learn to successfully adapt your procedure over time, I have no doubt. JenJen and I both indicated that it is wise not to leave the microcyn in the bladder for too long. Among those doing it successfully, some go about ten minutes, some five, some just in and out, as a flush, rinse, or irrigation. It's not actually intended to be an instillation. JenJen went through the same trial and error process, finally arriving at what works best for her. So did John, my husband. But, like you said, it certainly illustrates microcyn's penetrability, so for those who were concerned that it could not turn around a full blown bladder infection because it would be too deep in the tissues of the bladder, this evidence definitely indicates otherwise.

As you learn to use microcyn in a preventative capacity you will be able to remain completely free of colonization and infection, with no problem of loose bowels. When I say you will, it is of course only one person's opinion (mine), but it is backed by valid knowledge and experience that is becoming more widespread all the time.

Thank you for being one of the first. Your intelligence and courage will help to break down needless barriers, bringing vital information to those who need it most. And there are many.

We have to take the problem of colonization and recurring infection very seriously. These organisms are fundamentally parasitic in nature, and they are living inside your body for one reason only--to feed themselves at your expense. Your system must continually expend energy to repair and contain the damage done on the cellular level. Up until now, there has been no alternative to antibiotic therapy. But as I said in this thread, that's a race against time. The rate of increase of antibiotic resistant organisms is actually accelerating. They have detected resistant strains arising in less than two years to some of the newer more powerful antibiotics.

You should not wait until you're thirsty to dig a well. Those of you who are experimenting with microcyn are wise to do so.

Thanks again,

Leila

Oh yeah Shamrock. It'll kill all the digestive flora in your gut in a heartbeat. My ideal dosage (now only when I show symptoms) is 10CCs in my bladder NOT MORE than 5 minutes before I drain it out. Twice a day at most. Usually a single instillation does the trick for me.

So, now you need to repopulate your gut like you do when taking strong ABX, yogurt, probiotics. I find my bowels recover in about 10 days.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

It'll kill all the digestive flora in your gut in a heartbeat
    Evidence indicates that those who use the microcyn as a bladder flush have no problem with their bowels. Even some of those who keep it up there longer have not reported difficulty with their bowels. I guess it's an individual matter. But it's certainly not going to happen "in a heartbeat."

What about you, Cap'n? How goes it with your bowels after using the Vetericyn?

Evidence indicates that those who use the microcyn as a bladder flush have no problem with their bowels. Even some of those who keep it up there longer have not reported difficulty with their bowels. I guess it's an individual matter. But it's certainly not going to happen "in a heartbeat."
    With two people out of four users from this site reporting problems, the evidence most certainly *does* indicate that people who use Microcyn/Vetericyn for bladder flushes can have related bowel problems.

This is just one person's opinion, but being so dismissive about the onset of JenJen's Microcyn/Vetericyn-related bowel problems is offensive. You've accepted at face value (and applauded) all the positive things she's had to say, but the immediate onset of related bowel problems couldn't possibly happen? The outright refusal to acknowledge even the possibility that there could be side effects is where you lose me.

My bet is that even if Microcyn/Vetericyn does cause the rapid onset diarrhea in some users, that's not going to prevent people from giving it a try. You run the same risk from antibiotics (especially IV abx), and at least the Microcyn/Vetericyn will kill (I assume) the bad flora like c. diff. off with the good.

I want to know these risks so I can take steps to avoid them, or at least prepare myself for them. Waving the bad parts of anecdotal evidence away with unspecific claims of what "evidence" shows and/or making global claims that something won't happen is a real disservice.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Blog Entries
    SOME of ya in this thread need to GET A GRIP! Damn, we are offended easily, being wound so tight it detrimental to your health. I guess we offenders are just too damn confident this is a good thing and we are shouting it from the rooftops, since no animals are being killed, it's a small price to pay

I don't think she was being dismissive, just noting that no one else has suffered this. And it is difficult to see how it traverses the bladder wall, bridges the gap and then traverses the intestinal wall and swims the 26 ft from one end to the other in short order.
    Was the entire bowel movement liquid or was the already processed food in the lower foot or so still solid and formed when it came out? How long was your bp after instillation? And all the other bp related questions/diet history/med history/etc....jumping the gun to point the finger immediately to V before checking all the myriad of factors related to D...seems reckless to me...

Well, I've put 10cc twice in my bladder in the last week, and plug the cath, do acrobatics in the bed to ensure I get all the f'ers wet with MY poison >insert big evil grin here< serious...I picture them screaming in agony too....OH THE INHUMANITY....GAAK.... and had zero difference in my bp. I take a minute to check as I start to and arise from sleep. Grab n Go no meds to assist. So I would notice any change. I haven't left it in longer than 5 minutes or so, I don't time it and not to worried about it.

I'm so thankful to have this stuff in my arsenal, I'm telling every person I talk to. And That's a lot 0 pH0aKz. I told a whole gaggle of women at the baseball game this evening. I forgot I had taken burn pictures and not downloaded them, so I was showing pics... lol.

Here's a pic of the burn I've been promising... Spilled coffee wednesday morning about 10am
    took shower about 2 pm, and sprayed it with V and wore shorts rest of day, bandaged it with gauze that night after midnite, nothing else but V used for first two days. It is fresh from a shower and I rubbed a thin coat of neem oil/tepezcohuite salve as I do each two days. It lasts thru one shower, the yellow areas were deeper burns. Did it with hot coffee and worked a few hours cleaning a pond before I went to shower and change pants. I was at home and ya can't feel the wet...it's my coping mechanism for being a spill-a-holic all my life. Jeans rubbed most of the blister off. That which did not burst, reabsorbed in two days after I sprayed it with Vetericyn, I spray it at bandage change. It was after no blisters were left that I started rubbing the salve mix.

This was a bad burn, worse than it seems here, it's just healing fast. Took about 2 months to heal last time I did it.This wound hasn't drained since about the 5th day. My hands are large and my leg is skinny, this is almost at my crotch, pic is cropped. I can't get over how fast it is healing, Outer areas are scar tissue now and will mostly disappear as Tepezcohuite heals w/o scars in most of my wound experience with it in last few years.
    Last edited by CapnGimp; 05-04-2010 at 03:54 AM.

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000105 EndHTML:0000004896 StartFragment:0000002297 EndFragment:0000004860
    Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post

We have to take the problem of colonization and recurring infection very seriously. These organisms are fundamentally parasitic in nature, and they are living inside your body for one reason only--to feed themselves at your expense.

Leila
    leila... i find your hyperbole annoying and boring. bacteria != parasites by any stretch of the imagination. yes they are a pain, but a parasite is a very different type of organism. parasites live off the host getting all their nutrients from said host. these include fleas, tapeworms etc (and yes even a fetus can be considered a parasite of sorts).

bacteria are a class all to their own and live in EVERY habitat on earth. and no, i am not exaggerating. they have been found in the deepest parts of the ocean, to Antarctica, to geysers in yellowstone. the issue is that they are too good at their jobs and the body responds like it should to a foreign invader, hence the crappy feeling we get when infected. it is really quite simple yet, as my research indicates, so complex. but that's what millions of years of evolution gets you.

that being said, leila, you already have ppl on your side. you dont need to give exaggerated statements to make your point. a good salesman knows when the audience is hooked and knows when to back off a bit. i know you are passionate but keep it in check. you dont need to make microcyn better than what it is, it can speak for itself and ppl are using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    Thanks JenJen,

So, you don't keep the Microcyn in the bladder, because you're using a flushing technique--in and out. This dovetails nicely with what JenJen said about not keeping the Microcyn in the bladder too long because it affected her bowels. I think she has something there. There does seem to be evidence that under certain conditions there is a permeability of the bladder wall on the cellular level. So there most likely is something in the Microcyn that diffuses from the bladder into the intestines. This is just a guess here, but perhaps the hypochlorous acid, which functions as a vasodilator as well as a microbicide, is facilitating this diffusion. Thus, the intestinal flora would be reduced, and this would cause loose stool, etc.

A small price to pay for conquering drug resistant bladder infections--but if you are skillful in your technique, as JenJen has learned to be, there's no problem.

Take Care,

Leila
    and now you say:

so, which is it?

that being said, i try microcyn tomorrow.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/