Page 16 of 207 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young)

Quote Originally Posted by weimin View Post
    how do I order this stuff from Singapore?
    If you don't find it in your country, maybe this seller will accept to ship to Singapore even though it's not listed in the countries where it ships:

Try to contact them.

http://myworld.ebay.ca/medi-vet/
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

What solution are you guys using to flush bladder after using microcyn ?

Blog Entries
    I bought the veterinary equivalent from ebay... it's called Vetericyn, same thing but a prescription is not required.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=vet...1&_from=&_ipg=

you don't need top flush it afterwards, microcyn is totally safe, even for use in the eyes, just drain it out

let me post pics of the burn I'm using it on later today, heading outside now.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp View Post
    I bought the veterinary equivalent from ebay... it's called Vetericyn, same thing but a prescription is not required.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=vet...1&_from=&_ipg=

you don't need top flush it afterwards, microcyn is totally safe, even for use in the eyes, just drain it out

let me post pics of the burn I'm using it on later today, heading outside now.
    These are all spray bottles, is that what you order? Also what is Hydro Gel? And I noticed the 8oz bottles are about the same price as 16oz, so do you always get the 16oz? How many flushes do you get out of 16oz?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazlo View Post
    These are all spray bottles, is that what you order? Also what is Hydro Gel? And I noticed the 8oz bottles are about the same price as 16oz, so do you always get the 16oz? How many flushes do you get out of 16oz?
    I get the 16 oz, more economical, you get 8 flushes of 60 ml per bottle. The hydrogel is more interesting if you want to use it topical and you want it to stay on a little longer, not good for flushes. I could see it though to replace hand sanitizer, pricey ...

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    I get the 16 oz, more economical, you get 8 flushes of 60 ml per bottle. The hydrogel is more interesting if you want to use it topical and you want it to stay on a little longer, not good for flushes. I could see it though to replace hand sanitizer, pricey ...
    I've been using this wound gel as a sanatizer when cathing at night as I get it no charge from my cath supplier it's diluted bleach apparently. I've been wondering if it's less effective than using the ethyl alcohol ones. anyone think so?
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Hi everyone,

Clinical trials are definitely in the pipeline at this point, but I cannot give specific dates. I will keep you posted.

This link compares silver to Microcyn, which I hope answers Lazlo's question:

http://oculusis.com/dialogue/?p=63#more-63

This is info on the Canadian distrobutor

Canadian Distributor
    .................................................. ...................................

Vancouver Surgical
    8415 Granville Street,
    Box 62
    Vancouver, BC V6P 4Z9
    Telephone: 604-818-4847
    Toll Free: 1-866-899-1336
    FAX: 604-207-1097
    Email: sales@vancouversurgical.com
    www.vancouversurgical.com

And this link takes you to the site map at Oculus where you can get a lot more info. Check out the videos on the Mexican site:

http://www.oculusis.com/mexico/sitemap/

Many thanks to Capn for all the info and for understanding the needs of his own body so well.

More later,

Leila

As I said on another post, I called Vancouver Surgical and they are not a distributor of Microcyn anymore.

That's right, JGNI, you did. I'm sorry. I'll try to get more info when I have time. I don't know if I can do any better than you did--you were pretty thorough.

It's interesting to note the remarkable anti-inflammatory properties of Microcyn. Of course, I viewed the little lady on Youtube who cured her five year bout with mastocytosis by spraying Vetericyn all over her body, which she now does on a regular basis (her mastocytosis is completely gone). I think there's a video on the Mexico site that discusses the mechanism behind this. I haven't had time to view it yet. But our son broke out with a bad rash all over his upper body, which itched like wildfire. John had him strip down and massaged microcyn into the rash, just like you would with rubbing alcohol. Then he laid down to rest. Three hours later the rash had almost completely disappeared. John treated him a few more times over the next two days and it was just gone, and never came back.

There is a lady in Arcata who knows about the machines Lazlo mentioned. Apparently they are for sale to the public, but I think the price is about $2000. I'll try to find out more.

well I can personally attest to one thing. Leaving the product in your bladder to long will give you diarrhea, extremely similar to prolonged antibiotic use. How it leechs from the bladder into the intestine is beyond me, but it does happen. This also tells me the product is effective in killing bacteria.
    This diarrhea is a very small price to pay (imho), compared to a major resistant infection, which I had.
    I have been a c4 quad for 25 years and have had recurring urinary infections for the majority of that period. April 16, my urologist called and notified me (via c & s) I had a serious (greater than 100 thousand) colonization/infection of pseudamonas. I had no fever, but many increased spasms and definite malaise and decrease energy. I was scheduled to leave for Florida (my first vacation in 5 years) the following day. So me and my urologist worked out a plan to do daily bladder irrigation with amicacin while on vacation. Made it through vacation ok, had great time, although very tired and increased spasms.

Upon returning 10 days later set up infectious disease consult. I have seen 5 different infectious disease doctors from 4 different hospitals. Not one has had any worthwhile ideas or strategies to deal with the resistant strain of pseudamonas I have. I saw this thread a week/10 days ago. Immediately ordered some vetericyn. I contacted the doctor referred to in this thread (thanks to Leila). We worked out a protocol. I used the vetericyn to flush my bladder Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and today. Spasms are drastically decreased. Chem strips show no leucocytes (which is never the case with me). I am going to Boston Medical Center tomorrow to see the infectious disease doctor, with a urine specimen in hand, I'm confident the infection is if not gone, radically suppressed. We shall see the results via the c & s. Only negative is the diarrhea, which is logical since I have never done this therapy. I know now to leave the solution in my bladder less time. But I was dealing with a very serious and resistant infection, which I have no doubt would have had me in the hospital for intravenous antibiotic therapy sooner than later.
    I'll post my urology results when available. Thanks so much for this thread.
    Shamrock